Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

never ending poo

(13 Posts)
chicca Mon 04-Apr-05 13:00:12

DS (9 months) has started pooing about 4/5 times a day. He's already done 3 today.

Is this normal?
It is a major increase on the couple a day he was on for a while. He has stepped up his food intake recently and is eating a lot of fruit and vegetables.

Any other thoughts/explanations??

darlingbud Mon 04-Apr-05 13:09:14

more fruit & veg could be a reason. His system is getting used to new solid foods and I presume he eats a variety of new foods too that you are introducing him to. It will settle down eventually to where he does 1-2 a day. If you are concerned speak to your health visitor who may be able to offer more advice.

chicca Mon 04-Apr-05 13:17:46

Oops- rural Spain - no such delights as Health Visitors here I'm afraid! Mumsnet is my HV.

donnie Mon 04-Apr-05 13:31:19

this sounds quite normal to me - dd used to do lots of poos when she was first fully weaned ( she is 3.5 now).As long as it isn't diarrhoea which would be easy to spot and would also cause horrid nappy rash. We now have the opposite problem which is poo witholding but I won't go there as it is a NIGHTMARE!!!!

LIZS Mon 04-Apr-05 14:07:21

Could be the fruit and veg - apple does it for dd - or if it a little hotter or teething.

chicca Thu 07-Apr-05 07:25:14

DS had a very poor appetite yesterday and consequently the poo count dropped somewhat - I think that we have our answer. He obviously has a fast metabolism and "what goes in must come out" - lovely.

calpopscalum Thu 07-Apr-05 18:44:04

Hi
My kids are champion poo-ers - the daily record ahs been 9 in the one day for ds and 8 that same day for dd!!!! NIGHTMARE!!! They regularly do about 6 a day and not small ones either! Sorry if it's TMI! ANyway I've been to the gp about it and he says it's normal , some kids only go a couple of times a week and some go all the time (like mine!) but nothign to worry about unless it's diahorreah. My ds is potty training and he is doing fewer thank goodness.
Hope this helps!
Lesley

chicca Thu 07-Apr-05 23:04:14

Yes indeed it does.
One escaped this morning !

Hausfrau Fri 08-Apr-05 13:46:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Oil Fri 08-Apr-05 14:14:11

Chicca, I think hausfrau is right, it's just luck. DS (18m) has averaged 5 a day for a long time, just recently looks like he might be getting it down to 3. Almost (but not quite) enough to put a girl off using washable nappies - keep reminding myself it's not the most disgusting thing I will ever have to do for my child.

Hausfrau - glad you're back online, BF from barnet here, big hugs and blushes for not having done a 'thank you for having us', but it was lovely. Sorry for hijacking your thread Chicca, now back to those poo stories.

Hausfrau Fri 08-Apr-05 14:18:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

eldestgirl Fri 08-Apr-05 14:46:49

Jut thought I would say that DS2 was doing vast quantities of poo but after a blood test for something else, turned out he was anaemic (following bout of gastro-enteritus). Still doing 5 a day but at least they are darker and formed (sorry about the detail) and roll off the fleece liner now. I put vitamin and iron drops in his milk.

LOL Oil. Seem to have had my hand permanently down the loo rinsing nappies for months now.

chicca Sat 09-Apr-05 18:06:24

Crikey. As summer approaches I am too steeling myself to go down the washable road again (after disaster with Bambino Mio last summer).

Oil, keen to know what the most disgusting thing you have done IS???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now