Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

5 month old baby poo

(4 Posts)
neffi Sun 03-Apr-05 13:22:22

I mean the baby is 5 months, not the poo lol

Anyway, my dd is completely BF but her bowel movements have gone down to once a week and are browner, thicker and smellier than I understood BF babies poo would be until weaned.

Is this a natural progression to poo or is a trip to the docs in order? We have been already and the doc was not overly concerned at the length of time between poos as the bowel sounded normal.

LIZS Sun 03-Apr-05 13:23:46

Think it can vary but once a week does seem infrequent. Has it coincided with warmer weather, dropping night feeds or a cold ?

NotQuiteCockney Sun 03-Apr-05 14:44:39

My DS2 is just over 6 months, and his poo has gone all weird of late. I don't think he's had any solids yet (we've tried, he's generally refused), and even before we started trying, his poos became weird, sometimes infrequent, brown and weird.

I think some of this was a cold, but most of it is normal, I think. He's been well, in general, so I've not been bothered.

neffi Sun 03-Apr-05 20:51:56

Thanks ladies

I can't think of anything that has set this off but as she is otherwise well I shall try not to fret but keep an eye out for discomfort.

Thanks again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now