Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Problem with Totsbots (!)

(10 Posts)
cheekychops03 Sat 02-Apr-05 23:07:07

Hi there. I don't know if anyone can help but I am having real problems with the applix Totsbots I have for my 2 year old. He's in size 2 (and is well within thw eight guidelines for it) and has a mix of applix and nippa nappies but over the past few weeks, the applix nappies have all come undone whilst he is wearing them, both in bed and during the day. My poor little boy has got really upset over it as sometimes, this has caused him to 'leak'. I've checked the applix bit and its not covered in fluff, I've tried doing them looser, thighter, just the same and even putting a nippa on top but it just isn't working. I got to the end of my tether the other day and called Totsbots who were (unusually) not very helpful.
Has anyone had similar problems and worked things out? I know they are probably going to get less 'sticky' over time but surely they must be made to last for a least one child???
Thanks to anyone who can shed any light.

morocco Sat 02-Apr-05 23:16:58

I'm surprised the nippa didn't sort it out tbh - I've given up on my aplix now as they've done their best on my 2kids but there's no way they'd stay put without a nappy nippa on them and a good strong wrap on too.
Only other thing I can think of is to do some diy sewing and put some more aplix on

BadHair Sat 02-Apr-05 23:56:48

Could you sew press studs on? I'm having the same problem but a nippa is currently doing the job.

CarrieG Sun 03-Apr-05 00:07:24

My 8 month old ds invariably undoes his applix tots! Are you sure he's not just unfastening them himself...?

ojsmum Sun 03-Apr-05 22:04:21

Have you tried putting a popper wrap over the top? my nine month old can undo the applix but not the popers? never had any problemd with theses. No leaks etc...

misdee Sun 03-Apr-05 22:08:27

mine stopped working after a couple of months. i use nippas with them now.

pixiefish Sun 03-Apr-05 22:10:06

you can unpick the aplix and either sew some new aplix on or use them with the nippas

ojsmum Sun 03-Apr-05 22:18:29

I'm dorry but why bother with unpivking the applix aren't you juct better off buying the nippers in the first place. The nappies are no more difficult to undo than the disposables and shouldn't we all be pleased that we have decided to use the real nappies. IMO the applix are just as good as the nippers.

ojsmum Sun 03-Apr-05 22:19:02

sorry about the spelling mistakes!!!!

pixiefish Sun 03-Apr-05 22:31:17

ojsmum- from what i can see the aplix isn't holding for cheekychops

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now