Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

this does get better doesnt it?

(18 Posts)
misdee Sat 02-Apr-05 12:49:33

dd2 is showing real interest in toilet trianing, so yesterday evening and today she has been out of nappies. we have had 5 accidents this morning/afternoon already, and 2 wee's on the potty. this does get better doesnt it? dd1 trained later so was dry straight away.

thank goodness for laminate floors!!

helsy Sat 02-Apr-05 12:57:39

It does! How old is she?

Pinotmum Sat 02-Apr-05 13:00:54

Potty training ds at the moment - he's 2.6 yo and yesterday was the first day with no accidents but today has had 3 accidents and it's not even lunchtime - oh it that the time, it is lunchtime .

flamesparrow Sat 02-Apr-05 13:02:18

Yup - it gets better. We had about 2 days of puddles, then she worked out soggy feet wasn't good, then a day of rushing to the potty because we had 5 seconds notice. Then she was fine if she had a bare bum, and even went without telling us (lovely til she tries to bring over the full potty ).

She is now getting used to knickers, which was another day of many wet clothes (the first was all done in skirts or nothing on her bum), and then she seemed to have pretty much sussed it unless she is having a tantrum.

Reverted back to nappies last week (no idea why, she just wanted them), but is back in knickers today and seems happy.

Oh, she's 22 months now.

misdee Sat 02-Apr-05 13:10:07

dd2 is 2.5yrs old.

she now wandering around naked apart from her trainers.

mummylonglegs Sat 02-Apr-05 13:42:46

Hi misdee , I'm training dd, also 2 1/2, at the moment. I started on Good Friday (have got a thread on this board called 'would you continue or postpone?' or something like that, got no brain today. Again. Anyway, the first 2 days weren't much good but the 3rd saw a big improvement, then we had 4 days accident-free, a disasterous day yesterday with non-stop accidents and today so far so good apart from extreme poo retention (hasn't been for 3 days now ).

To be honest I think 2 1/2 is a good age to train a girl. Dd was interested at 2 and we had a go but although she'd use the potty when prompted, she had no inkling of using it independently / recognising the signs she needed to go. So I decided to wait an extra 6 months and it has madea a difference. Though we're far from out of the woods yet!

Good luck.

mummylonglegs Sat 02-Apr-05 13:43:16

Hey, when was your dd2 born then? Mine was October 10th, 2002.

misdee Sat 02-Apr-05 15:24:28

dd2 was born 1st sept 2002.

she has fallen asleep and asked for a nappy back on. decided to let her, will try again when she wakes up.

she usually has a poo around lunchtime, so am wondering whats happened to it (you can almost set a clock by her). am wondering if she was holding it in, as she kept saying she wanted a wee and straining. i asked if she wanted a poo and she got a bit upset.

Pinotmum Sat 02-Apr-05 15:26:30

My ds is 1st October 2002 and dd was 10th October 2000

misdee Sat 02-Apr-05 15:30:35

i selfshly want her ytrained before may holiday. dont fancy having 2 in nappies on holiday. and she is outgrowing her nappies now, and i cant get bigger cloth nappies.

jjash Sat 02-Apr-05 15:35:49

Hiya my dd is 2 1/2 also and we are in middle of potty training.Yes it does get better but i only know that as have done it before with my ds[now 5] Its all very different 2nd time round though!!
My dd is fine indoors and just goes to potty herself but only when just dressed in knickers .If she is in clothes she just wets herself .I am being a chicken and using pull ups when we go out But taking the potty along too [ no such thing as travelling light with us!]
How do i get her to ask for the potty herself though?
Really dont know why its bothering me however !!Mainly cos i get tired of people asking me is she out of nappies yet!!

misdee Sat 02-Apr-05 15:38:13

if i put clothes on dd2 she just wet her clothes. same with knickers (have now run out of the special ones she can wear).

i really didnt push dd1 to train and she did it at over 3yrs old, which i feel was mainly due to laziness on my part.

Pinotmum Sat 02-Apr-05 15:44:45

Ds is just bare bummed this afternoon as he's having a bad day . I want him potty trained before we go away at the end of the month. Taking a pile of nappies is such a pain isn't it? Sometimes he asks for the potty other times he just goes on his own and today he's just wetting himself. It's nice to know I'm not alone.

jjash Sat 02-Apr-05 15:44:45

They say the later you leave it the easier it is?Makes sense .My ds was dry by 2 1/2 but this is teaching me that they are all different as dd is on a different timescale completely .
Dont think my local asda store have any size 2-3 knickers left as they are all in my house !!! :0

Pinotmum Sat 02-Apr-05 15:45:35

jjash, we posted at exactly the same time (spooky)

jjash Sat 02-Apr-05 15:49:03

I want dd trained for holiday to France in july to stay with my brother and his snooty wife - who wont appreciate little puddles of wee everywhere !!

misdee Sat 02-Apr-05 15:52:18

if she is snooty, then let dd wee everywhere lol.

jjash Sat 02-Apr-05 15:59:38

Now i had thought of that !! He he .She has just had a baby so i dont know what she`ll expect when he needs to be potty trained !Will let my dd teach her the true horror of the bare bummed baby!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now