Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

My poor baby x

(6 Posts)
jbadgirl Fri 01-Apr-05 15:08:51

Ds has been on anti biotics for a chest infection and now he has a mega sore bottom. I feel soooooooo awful every time i change him, its red raw, i mean very raw it bled yesterday its that sore so im doing a combination of airing and plastering as much metanium as i can.

Any one know of any other very good nappy creams??

popsycal Fri 01-Apr-05 15:12:29

metanium is what i would have said

misdee Fri 01-Apr-05 15:12:39

mix the metanium with sudocream. makes it easier to apply/remove.

did the antio biotics upset his tummy?

jessicasmummy Fri 01-Apr-05 15:13:46

doc prescribed Nystan Cream for jessicas.... cleared up in 2 days. may be worth a visit to gp

docket Fri 01-Apr-05 15:15:14

Ouch, poor little chap! Someone told me Weleda do a good nappy cream but I haven't used it so can't vouch, it might be pricey too. I use Kamilosan stuff, not sure how good it would be on a really bad rash though.

I did read that you have to be careful not to put too much cream on or the rash won't heal properly, just a light covering rubbed in so you can't see it rather than plastering on the white stuff. Hope it gets better, airing sounds like a good move.

jbadgirl Fri 01-Apr-05 15:21:58

Thanks guys xxx

Ds has had really runny poo (lovely) due to the medicine. i am really trying to air him but its proving a little hard as he has just weed on the sofa! oh and now a no.2!!!!

it does seem better than yesterday but i think i will try the docs x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now