Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Word of advice. Don't put stickers on the potty to make it more inviting.

(10 Posts)
DragonLowFatSpread Sun 11-Jan-09 22:25:13

I just remembered something that happened about 2 years ago.

I bought a potty and also a pack of padded bob the builder stickers in an attempt to lure DS1 into becoming potty trained.

The stickers were covered in shit and piss on the first attempt, and I had to remove them by hand.

So don't say I didn't tell you so.

forkhandles Sun 11-Jan-09 22:29:36

I knew this was going to make me laugh before I opened it....so you stuck them in the bowl of the potty? not round the edges?

DragonLowFatSpread Sun 11-Jan-09 22:31:22

on the outside of course.
i'm not a complete dimwit.
but i did underestimate just how uncontained potty training was going to be.

forkhandles Sun 11-Jan-09 22:35:26

true, true, and not just potty training.

Went upstairs yesterday to find DD2 had scooped up a nugget of poo that she had done on the carpet with the toy box from DD1's dolls house, and squashed it inside - she seemed to think this was very clever

DragonLowFatSpread Sun 11-Jan-09 22:38:05

nice

sfxmum Sun 11-Jan-09 22:42:26

oh yes the trials of potty trainingshockgrin

dd at first was rather annoyed at using the potty and when she needed it she would take it to a 'private' place behind the curtains of the living room, of course then she was on full view of the street as we have floor to ceiling windows and are on the first floorhmm

DragonLowFatSpread Sun 11-Jan-09 22:46:05

lmao

toomuchmonthatendofthemoney Sun 11-Jan-09 22:49:23

my ds has suddenly developed the alarming habit of giving the potty a celebratory good kicking when he's successfully done a pee in it, resulting in a nice spray of warm wee over the surrounding area if i'm not quick enough to grab the potty when he stands up. maybe that's how beckham started learning to bend it....

whitenoise Sun 11-Jan-09 22:49:37

lol @ stickers

(i like your new name - i remember the thread where you googled your name!)

DragonLowFatSpread Sun 11-Jan-09 23:01:17

the thread where i googled my name kind of meant i couldn't change it.
it was too funny.
so i'm just variations of it.

this is my new years diet name.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now