Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

false alarms?

(5 Posts)
mummylonglegs Thu 31-Mar-05 14:27:56

It's me, the non-stop poster on this board at the moment .

Briefly, I've been training dd, 2 1/2, since last friday as I had 4 solid days at home. She's now not had an 'accident' for the last 3 days which is pretty brilliant I think although we haven't strayed far from home and I've had to do a fair bit of prompting and she's not eating or drinking much because of something weird and viral making her a bit feverish.

Anyway, sorry to ramble, but I've noticed this 'false alarm' business with the poos is often quite extreme. Yesterday she spent over an hour saying every 2-3 minutes 'oh, I've got a poo!' running to the potty, sitting on it, producing a minute speck of poo until finally an hour later out came a rather large one. Is this a potty training thing or do you think it's a coincidence with her being under the weather and perhaps a bit uncomfortable in her tummy?

mummylonglegs Thu 31-Mar-05 15:26:39

teeny weeny bump ...

desperatehousewife Thu 31-Mar-05 15:28:55

hello mll

i don't know - probably a combo of the two things - i have heard that pooing in potties is often a 'thing' for a lot of kids.

I think that's amazing that you've had 3 days with no accidents - my god, you should be dancing around ecstatic! definately need to brave going out now.

I'm on day 5 and we had no accidents for the first time yesterday. This morning one accident, but rest of day ok.

I bought a travel potty and had to use it today in the middle of a cafe and in the dvd isle at tescos! The shame !!!!

mummylonglegs Thu 31-Mar-05 20:58:43

dh, I am really pleased. I think there may be a tiny bit of poo witholding going on though and some confusion about when she needs to do one. Tonight I put her in the cot and she asked to come out twice for a poo. I could think that it was a ploy to avoid bedtimes but for the very pooey smelling gas she was making!

Yes, I find I keep whipping out the travel potty here, there and everywhere. But I have noticed that dd seems able, sometimes, to hold on for incredibly long periods of time. Today for instance she had a wee before her nap at 1.30pm and didn't go again until almost 7pm!!! She's not drinking much but even still there was a cup of juice, a half cup of milk and a cup of water in her bladder by then ...

I was once with a friend who was potty training her dd and we were in the Maritime Museum in Greenwich and her dd needed the potty so she got it out in a quiet corner of the museum and got so slagged off by the security guard it was awful. The toilets were miles away, what could she do?

mummylonglegs Fri 01-Apr-05 10:22:23

Anybody else have any clues about this one?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now