Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

choosing real nappies... advice please!

(9 Posts)
babber Mon 29-Dec-08 10:55:37

Hi there, apologies if this has been asked a million times before on here but here we go again!

1st baby due at the end of january and i'd really like to use re-useables... have been i touch with my local nappy lady who has reccommened tots bots nappies to me... just wondered if theres others out there who have used them and if so would you recommend?
My main criteria is: not bulky (hate that massive bum thing you get with a lot of re-useables), quick drying (live in a small flat with limited drying space) and, obviously, absorbency/lack of leakage. so, any suggestions/comments anyone? would tots bots do the trick?
Thanks!

Flamespar Mon 29-Dec-08 11:27:51

Can I ask who she is working for?

Tots bots are the last thing I would suggest with that criteria! They are big fluffity nappies (bamboo less big but long to dry). Unless she is talking the flexitots but they are still not tiny iyswim.

I would think you would be better off with a pocket nappy like bumgenius or fuzzi bunz - they are slim, fast drying and you can add extra absorbency.

nappyzonehasastroppytoddler Mon 29-Dec-08 19:13:59

ooo im with flame there - tots bots are bulky and take an age to dry cotton or bamboo, wveb the new flexi tots take 2 days to dry - fluffles would be quick but there not really about now and are huge. Yeaaaah pockets! grin

Hello Flamey !

ilovelovemydog Mon 29-Dec-08 19:16:14

Tots Bots are fairly reliable, but bulky... If you want slim, then would suggest:

1) Bum Genius
2) Motherease Sandy's

quick drying usually means microfibre, and you will want to steer clear of bamboo probably

needaholiday Tue 30-Dec-08 19:04:05

yes tots are bulky, slimmer option may be the bumhugger from ellas house though they aren't super reliable. Maybe go for a sandys with hemp boosters? We find quick flips to be not too bulky, although we like cuddly bums here, as by the time you add a booster to other slimmer nappies they bulk up as much anyway.
Mind, have you seen the itti bittis? They are slim...

Flamespar Tue 30-Dec-08 19:30:59

I love quick flips, but would put them in the bulky level. Quick flip lights aren't, but I think that I may have the only ones left on sale now unless nappy elite are still selling any off.

babber Wed 31-Dec-08 08:45:59

Wow, i really am entering a minefield with these re-useables! Too much choice!!! i suppose i could just get one of a few different types to try them out first coudln't i? is that what people would suggest if i'm really not sure? also, i'm guessing that slim, quick drying ones are also most likely to be the most expensive aren't they?

lollipopmother Wed 31-Dec-08 10:19:32

I personally would get some Motherease Sandy's, there is only one person i've ever seen who has said she doesn't like them and I have no idea why she doesn't, they are the nappy to get. They do some XS ones that fitted my DD until about 10 weeks although she is quite a skinny mini. I have never ever had a single poo leak, they are amazing nappies and relatively quick to dry if you get the normal cotton ones (not tried bamboo but assume they take longer). They aren't mega thin but they certainly wouldn't be classed as bulky either. I would suggest a ME airflow wrap too.

babber Wed 31-Dec-08 12:45:44

Thanks everyone for all your advice. Much appreciated. its a bit scary trying to decide so helps thats theres people out there who have actually used the things! (i don't know wnayone who uses them unfrtuately - maybe i can spread the word a bit if i'm successful!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now