Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

3 cheers for my boy. He was dry last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(8 Posts)
NAB3hundredChristmaslights Sun 28-Dec-08 10:20:17

He is 3 1/2 and has been dry in the day for a year.

First night he was dry last night.

I did it allwrong with DFS1 anmd DD so what do I do?

No nappy tonight, wait and see and put nappy on again or just enjoy one free night? Had to be the one night DH insisted on using a disposable!

NAB3hundredChristmaslights Sun 28-Dec-08 14:20:29

Anyone?

SunshinePine Sun 28-Dec-08 15:03:36

I would praise him for the dry night but still put a nappy on him. Although I hope not, it may just have been luck and if you leave the nappy off tonight and he wets he will be quite upset.

I would take off the nappy once he's had a number of dry nights in a row.

michaelbooblie Sun 28-Dec-08 15:08:10

No advice but well done!, my ds is nearly 7 and is still wet nearly every night.

NAB3hundredChristmaslights Sun 28-Dec-08 17:00:50

Thank you.

DS1 wasn't dry until over 7. DD is still wet now at 5. Both had and have had a period of dry nights and then wet again. DD is upset and says she will never be dry. sad

I will put a nappy on him tonight. Is there a set amount of dry nights to have and then the nappy should stay off? Is there a window you can miss and they go back to wetting again? I feel I did it wrong with the older ones.

I was dry before 5 and so was DH but he was lifted.

SunshinePine Sun 28-Dec-08 21:43:09

I would say if he has 3 dry nights in a row at that age then take the nappies off or if he has about 4 or 5 dry nights in the space of a week. Really it's up to you, If you get two in a row then make a big thing of it but make sure he wont feel disappointed if it was only a brief spell.

Anyway well done, I have 7 and 9 year old boys that still wet, so I'm slightly envious of you envy.
On the other hand DH and I were both wetters so it's a hereditary thing.

chocolatemummy Sun 28-Dec-08 21:44:29

dd is 5 now and still wears pads everynight and sometimes wets in day too sad

so Well DOne to your little boy at 3 1/2

NAB3lovelychildren Mon 29-Dec-08 17:38:22

It was only that one night but they all get there eventually.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: