Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Potty Training a 2yr 8month boy

(4 Posts)
trixiebell Fri 25-Mar-05 21:02:58

My son is two years and 8 months old, and I am having trouble potty training him.

I have put him in some training pants (the ones that have the waterproof lining), but he doesnt even realise that he is wet. Although when we ask him to sit on his potty, the majority of the time he will do something. I think he knows what to do, but it is getting him to do it.

Any suggestions?

mummylonglegs Fri 25-Mar-05 21:12:23

I'm just potty training dd now (got a thread about it too!) and I haven't used training pants at all. I kind of thought that part of the process was for them to recognise when they're wet and training pants would delay the inevitable. Does your ds tell you when he's doing a wee? How often does he use the potty and how often have an 'accident'? I'm no expert, exactly the opposite in fact. But I'll be interested to hear how you get on.

debs26 Fri 25-Mar-05 21:14:02

both my ds were 3 when i trained them and hv was quite impressed i managed it then! does it matter? i have never understood why some parents get so stressed out about pottty training. kids do it when they are ready. remember boys are expected to do it later then girls

trixiebell Sat 26-Mar-05 21:20:48

Had a very successful afternoon. Had his Bob the Builder pants on, and I put him on the potty every 10 mins, and guaranteed he would do something. The one time I left it for 15 mins, he had an accident, but at least he realised that he was wet !!!!. On the odd occassion, he said that he wanted to use the potty.

He had two accidents in four hours.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now