Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

1st day training, how do you think it's going?

(5 Posts)
mummylonglegs Fri 25-Mar-05 14:07:09

Dd, 2.5 has been ready to potty train for a while I think and I've been putting it off until this weekend when I've got 4 straight days home in a row to tackle it properly. So today she's been in knickers all morning and done 3 wees and 1 poo on the potty, only once prompted by me. She's also done 1 wee in her trousers. I think it's pretty good so far. The only thing I'm wondering is when to expect them, in clothes other than knickers, to know when it's time to wee / poo? She seems to do well in knickers or bare (has been using the potty for a while now like that) but clothes throw her off.

Yorkiegirl Fri 25-Mar-05 14:10:44

Message withdrawn

nutcracker Fri 25-Mar-05 14:24:35

Sounds great to me.
Tried Ds (2.3) on the potty today, but he didn't like it, poor thing.

mummylonglegs Fri 25-Mar-05 21:09:05

It has been good generally I think. We only had 1 little wee accident when we were out briefly in the playground and I think she got so involved in what she was doing she forgot to go. But apart from that while she's at home (in knickers only) there's been no misshaps.

Despite this, did everyone else find it quite stressful? I'm suddenly realising how hard all kinds of things could potentially be, like travelling on public transport etc. and when she's with the childminder (2 mornings a week and has never been involved in potty training before).

Also I wondered what people do about naps? I know she'll be in nappies overnight for a long time to come but so far I've also been putting her in nappies for her nap and I think it's a bit confusing for her when she gets up to find a nappy on. Do I whip it off very quick when she wakes up?

nutcracker, we tried dd just after 2 and although she would use the potty she had no inkling of how to recognise a wee was coming unless prompted so I postponed until she started telling me and this time is, so far, much smoother.

Yorkiegirl, can you remember roughly how long it took your dd to realise she had knickers on as well as trousers? How old was she?

mummylonglegs Fri 25-Mar-05 21:49:54

a small selfish bump before I turn in for the night ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now