Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

fleece wraps

(8 Posts)
starlover Tue 22-Mar-05 22:44:11

how do they work? why don't they leak??????

Am tempted to get some for ds because they are so funky... but worried that they will just end up wet.

Also, are they very much bulkier than an ordinary wrap?

Yorkiegirl Tue 22-Mar-05 22:58:05

Message withdrawn

bensmum3 Wed 23-Mar-05 20:03:19

Agree with YG, I use fleece at night and love them. They work by evaporation, so they do need washing after every use. I think the main problem with using them during the day is anything pulling tight against them (car seat/pushchair straps, or prolonged pressure on one area) will allow wetness to leak through.

lunavix Wed 23-Mar-05 20:09:29

I do occassionally get a bit of dampness on ds's pjs but if I use a PUL wrap on him at night it's all horrible and hot and sweaty when he wakes up.

I love my fleece wraps, they come in lovely patterns too unlike some PUL. They are also mostly velcro (aplix) and unlike PUL aplix nappies fit quite well!

MrsDoolittle Thu 24-Mar-05 08:30:18

I don't have any fleece wraps - maybe that is why dd has been getting so hot at night. This past week I have had to keep her window open all night to keep her cool.

Yorkiegirl Thu 24-Mar-05 08:54:57

Message withdrawn

starlover Thu 24-Mar-05 11:22:46

hmm, at the moment i am using disposables at night, cos they're easier to change when I am half asleep!

I really just want some funky wraps, but none of the pul ones are as nice as the fleece ones!

roosmum Thu 24-Mar-05 12:15:47

totsbots polkabot wrap is great, & v. funky (dh & i have a good giggle @ ds when he's wearing it ).
also have a lovely WAHM rainbow one, v. cute - TB also do a rainbow one. dunno abt their redrap, i think some people prefer the other TB ones - & it's not as funky looking...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: