Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

it smells of pee in here, quite embarrassing really

(7 Posts)
Beansmum Thu 17-Mar-05 12:49:19

I'm at uni, in the computer room, and have one of ds's nappies in my bag. It's inside a nappy bag and all wrapped up but I swear I can still smell it! How can I carry dirty nappies about without smelling like a tramp?

Beansmum Thu 17-Mar-05 13:28:00

actually I think it might be the air conditioning, but still think I need to find a better way to carry these nappies. What does everyone else do?

tarantula Thu 17-Mar-05 13:35:31

Are you using washable nappies? I tend to pu a drop of lavander in the bag Im carrying it in. but to be honest Ive never noticed a smell. got a really bad nose tho.

Beansmum Thu 17-Mar-05 13:41:29

just changed to washable nappies and I'm paranoid. I don't see how the smell could get out through a nappy bag and my backpack, especially since it wasn't a particularly wet nappy, but I don't want people to think it's me that smells like pee! I'll try the lavender thing next time.

Laura032004 Fri 18-Mar-05 12:03:39

When you washed the nappies, did you make sure that they were really dry before you used them? I find that if they're not really dry, they do smell more when they're wet. It might just be paranoia though if you've just started using them. Now we've had them for a while, I find that kids in sposies smell a lot more when they've got a dirty nappy than ds does.

99redballoons Fri 18-Mar-05 17:18:04

I also find the plastic nappy sacks make the nappy 'sweat' whilst being stored which makes the smell worse. Maybe invest in a small PUL nappy bag for outings? I got mine from here . HTH

humphrey Sun 20-Mar-05 10:56:54

I use a make up bag with a waterproof inner, one that has a drawstring top, only 99p from Wilkinsons so could by a couple for that price and you could then put the lavender drops in as well.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: