Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Scared of doing a wee!

(6 Posts)
alicemama Thu 17-Mar-05 10:21:47

Hello Ladies,
I could really do with some advice. I am currently trying to potty train my 2yr old dd. She always tells me when she has done a wee in her nappy and asks for a clean bum. But if I take her nappy off and she has a wee she will start screaming and crying like its the end of the world. She never get upsets over anything else and is really well behaved. Its only when she has a wee even tho she asks for the potty.
At my wits end after nearly a week of hysterics.

Any ideas girls

Philippa

trinityrocks Thu 17-Mar-05 11:20:10

Is it just if she doesn't make it to the potty???
Could you try knickers or will she still get upset if she wees?
I found my little girl was a bit strange when I was trying to train her. I never told her off for making a puddle but she always reacted as if I had.
Have you tried leaving the potty out and using pull ups and then if she wees it may not upset her but if she remebers you can pull it down quick?
Not much advice, sorry, hope it gets better

alicemama Thu 17-Mar-05 13:54:17

Hi,
I'm afraid she's not getting to the potty at all at the moment and she just treats pull ups as a normal nappy so we're using the bare bum approach at the moment.
I've just gone out and bought a tiny tears doll that wees in its potty and some reward stickers and hopefully she'll understand it a bit better.

Thanks
Philippa

Fimbo Thu 17-Mar-05 13:56:28

Hi Philippa,
May she is just not ready to potty train yet. My dd was nearly 3.5 before she was potty trained.

TrinaJ Sun 20-Mar-05 21:09:47

I tried to train my dd at 18 months and although she was really good to start with we ended up having tantrums, tears and lots of accidents, Eventually we went back to nappies to take the pressure off and tried again 6 months later. this time round it's been so much easier. there is a great book "Potty Training in One Week", it's worth a read and might be helpful.

alicemama Sun 20-Mar-05 21:21:21

Thanks for your advice ladies.
I think she is just a bit attatched to her nappies and might wait til the summer comes. The other reason for waiting is I've just found out I'm pg and morning sickness is starting to kick in so don't need the stress at the moment.

Thanks again
Philippa

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now