Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

still too small for cloth nappies.

(14 Posts)
misdee Wed 16-Mar-05 11:46:53

tried to put dd3 into cloth the other day, and as her legs are still very skinny the wraps gaped open. i was using a cotton bottoms nappy and wrap.

SenoraPostrophe Wed 16-Mar-05 11:49:14

aaah.

do you have any tots bots? they're that much bulkier so they fill the wrap on their own.

Or just wait a bit. We won't think any less of you

misdee Wed 16-Mar-05 11:50:40

i have some size 1 tots. i still have 2 packs of disp[osables left tho. just want her in cloth. will use this time to find out what fits her better

time for mroe shopping

MrsDoolittle Wed 16-Mar-05 12:02:49

Oh misdee. I could never get on with cotton bottoms. Dm bought me a trial pack before dd was born - Thank God for mumsnet.
I am trying to stop myself buying \link{ http://www.nappiesbyminki.wahmall.co.uk/shop/\some of these.} They look sooo gorgeous. I am dying for an excuse.

MrsDoolittle Wed 16-Mar-05 12:04:18

Sorry here

misdee Wed 16-Mar-05 12:05:07

i got them as they are basically free on the council scheme. iget £40 of the £45 back. thought they'd be good for holidays etc.

MrsDoolittle Wed 16-Mar-05 12:39:28

No you misunderstood me misdee. I was sympathising because you can't use your beautiful totbots!

zebra Wed 16-Mar-05 13:07:27

Now look misdee, you've got those terries I sent you. Do the Sarah Lee fold with them (can't find it right now, but it's called the Origami fold, too). That will fit even premie babies. Tsk, tsk...

Fold terry twice -- into a square.
Pull one corner out to make a triangle (V pointed at you) on one side.
Flip the lot over.
Roll in the remaining bit that's a square.
Fold in what's left & Pin together.

It's in the back of the Chris Greene Book "Babies", will try to remmeber to post a link later!

misdee Wed 16-Mar-05 13:13:04

i forgot about those terry squares. now where did i put them.....................

(have had massive clear up. bad idea when i need to find something)

MrsDoolittle Wed 16-Mar-05 13:36:02

The cotton bottom wraps are good though misdee. I used them quite successfully with size one tots Have you tried that?
I love newborns - I best she is lovely misdee

starlover Wed 16-Mar-05 16:14:53

misdee, I use the litewrap... it has a popper on the leg as well as velcro to keep it a bit more snug around the leg...

fifth one down

zebra Wed 16-Mar-05 19:02:36

Here are instrux for the fold I was thinking of . Use one of the thinner terries I sent you.

misdee Wed 16-Mar-05 21:21:10

have put a tots bots size 1 on her tonight. much better fit.

eidsvold Thu 17-Mar-05 05:37:20

misdee - I use terry squares and have been using the origami fold. Only just now ( dd is 17 weeks) have I started folding the terry squares into the kite fold but still use the origami fold for the flannelette ones.

Origami fold is great - just one pin or the nappy nippa and you can fold it as tight as needed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now