Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

nippas or applix?

(19 Posts)
evansmummy Tue 15-Mar-05 11:47:06

Which is the better tots bots nappy?

lunavix Tue 15-Mar-05 11:47:49

I use both, and also have some popper ones (kissaluvs)

I love them all

Beansmum Tue 15-Mar-05 11:49:41

I have both but prefer the applix ones, ds is really wriggly and it's hard to get the nippa ones done up before he escapes.

flamesparrow Tue 15-Mar-05 11:57:39

I prefer nippas because I can get them to fit DD's huge bum and diddy waist better...

Kissaluvs are cool too

misdee Tue 15-Mar-05 11:59:43

as dd2 only used size 3 wihich only come in aplix, thats all i used. butover the 18months ofuse the aplix has gone and we use nippas on them as well to hold them in place.

tassis Tue 15-Mar-05 12:33:14

The nappylady suggested nippa for nighttime (more absorbent) and aplix for the rest of the time (coz they're easier) so we started off with this. Now we just use whichever's to hand. Ds (23 months) calls the aplix ones "rascal pants" because he can undo the aplix (makes a lovley sound and is very funny). For this reason if using aplix we have to get the wrap on quickly.

Beansmum Tue 15-Mar-05 12:37:57

why is a nippa nappy more absorbent? mine are exactly the same except for where the applix is sewed on.

flamesparrow Tue 15-Mar-05 12:40:39

DD was in size 3 white tots, and they were nippa...

I thought the only absorbancy difference was between the coloured ones and the white/unbleached.

Tissy Tue 15-Mar-05 12:43:09

nippas are a doddle and much easier to get a nappy to fit snugly. Nippa nappies aren't more absorbent...don't know where that idea came from! The unbleached are more absorbent than thw white or coloured ones though.

tassis Tue 15-Mar-05 12:47:37

I think if you have a boy a lot of the wee ends up at the front bitty where the aplix is?? (don't really know what I'm talking about)

tassis Tue 15-Mar-05 12:48:14

(sorry tissy didn't see your post)

MrsDoolittle Tue 15-Mar-05 12:48:19

I think what your nappy lady meant was the 'original' unbleached nippa totbots at night because the unbleached are more absorbant. The unbleached do not come in aplix!!
I use nippa nappies at home because I like them - they are more adjustable and won't wear out like the alplix might. However I have aplix nappies for the nursery during the day because they are easier!! The rainbow bots are less absorbant but it's not a problem, they are still pretty 'hefty'!

evansmummy Tue 15-Mar-05 13:33:29

Thanks everyone for your replies. So in general, aplix is probably ok for my lo as he's still only in, size 1's and so won't be able to undo them yet! And then nippas for when he gets bigger and more agile with those pesky little hands! Thanks again!

PinkArjuna Sat 19-Mar-05 17:28:42

the unbleached do come in applix though there is supposed to be better adjustment with the nippa. I have some nippa's for when my little boy is newborn so I can adjust them better.

LeahE Sat 19-Mar-05 18:08:15

We got the nippas because of the "undoing them" thing -- admittedly not likely at the smaller sizes but this way we are practised when we get to that stage. Nippas nappies also (supposedly) last better than aplix ones so if you are planning to use nappies through several children that may be a consideration. I have also found other people (Especially men) fascinated by the nippas -- I think they appeal to the "gadget gene" -- so they are very good for spreading the word on cloth nappies.

pixiefish Sat 19-Mar-05 18:53:59

Prefer the nippa. Aplix is easy for dd to undo while I'm getting her changed. also bulkier round the aplix and horrid to wash- gets all yucky

pootlepod Sat 19-Mar-05 19:26:07

I prefer nippas, as LeahE has said it looks gadgety! Even my dad commented on them and I feel LO is kept better in with nippas than aplix. And you can choose the colour of your nappy nippa to contrast with your tots!!!

Kiwicath Sat 19-Mar-05 19:28:26

Nippas for me. Haven't tried the aplix but when I was doing my research, I got the distinct feeling they weren't as popular - something about the fit not being as good and adding bulk, both of which were important to me.

Kiwicath Sat 19-Mar-05 19:30:14

.. oh yeah, and the undoing thing. Pootlepod - THATS SAD!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now