Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

second hand nappies??

(25 Posts)
lisad123 Sun 02-Nov-08 12:02:06

I have huge amount of size 1 tot bots, and havent really sold many nappies. What is a good price for them? I dont want to give them away but would rather someone get use iyswim, so want a low price that mean they would sell. Am I better to sell single or as a huge bundle?? I have loads fo wraps too. HELP!! Im overrun with nappies as DD2 has gone inot her size 2s

babyjjbaby Sun 02-Nov-08 12:15:33

i would be intrested in some wraps hun have u got any patterned ones

lisad123 Sun 02-Nov-08 13:35:49

yes i have strawberry, spotty, blue space one and a feww more. How many and how much do you think price wise?

babyjjbaby Sun 02-Nov-08 13:43:08

are they tots bots wraps would like a nice boyish one can't afford much so would only be able to have 1 u haven't got a star one have u in blue or orange

Cheesesarnie Sun 02-Nov-08 13:44:55

why dont you put them on the * for sale* bit of mn and see how it goes?

Cheesesarnie Sun 02-Nov-08 13:45:07

bugger the stars

misdee Sun 02-Nov-08 13:47:59

i told lisa to ask for advice on here for pricing then she will put them on for sale board. i have no idea what price she should ask as its been a a while since i sold nappies.

misdee Sun 02-Nov-08 13:49:02

or is there a site she can use specifically to sell them on? as ebay dont allow sale of second hand nappies anymore.

lisad123 Sun 02-Nov-08 13:51:11

will look for boys ones
yes sorry, i was looking for advice about pricing really as have no clue.

Cheesesarnie Sun 02-Nov-08 13:52:41

ah i see so youve tried the mn for sale bit already?if you search the type of nappy you have,then see how much theyre selling for.nappylady dont have classified any more i dont think.but they may still have there price advice-as in average price you can expect to pay for new and resale price.i dont think anything is selling atm-nobodys got money!sad

babyjjbaby Sun 02-Nov-08 13:53:55

yeh i would have one if u have got a nice boys one

lisad123 Sun 02-Nov-08 14:01:12

i listed on for sale as a huge lot, but didnt know if i was asking too much or better to sell alone.

babyjjbaby Sun 02-Nov-08 14:02:30

oh right if u don't want to sell seperate don't worry hun

Cheesesarnie Sun 02-Nov-08 14:03:16

id maybe sell seperatly as half the time with cloth people want to try new things without buying a lot iyswim?

lisad123 Sun 02-Nov-08 14:06:43

i dont mind seperate at all, just want thrm gone lol

babyjjbaby Sun 02-Nov-08 14:07:18

ok lol

bitofadramaqueen Sun 02-Nov-08 15:38:07

You could try sellinghere too.

onepieceoflollipop Sun 02-Nov-08 15:44:49

lisa for some reason (but this is just my personal experience) it seems quite hard to sell 2nd hand nappies - much harder than it used to be. Not so long ago you would have sold them probably at half of the original price. Now they seem to go for less. Our NCT sale was over run with nappies, partly I guess because they can't be sold on ebay anymore, or via the NappyLady site.

What I did at the NCT sale was individually bag them and sell at a ridiculously low price, just to beat the competition. Sometimes people just want the odd spare wrap, or fancy trying one different nappy or whatever. I think I sold a tots size 1 for about £2.50 which is v cheap, but anymore than that I think it wouldn't have been bought. I sold a large rikki wrap for £2.

hth, good luck!

belgo Sun 02-Nov-08 15:52:48

I do think it's hard to sell used nappies, I wouldn't buy them, because we have been given loads of used nappies by at least two people.

MatNanPlus Sun 02-Nov-08 15:56:10

I too would be interested in tots bots size 1 wraps LisaD123

MatNanPlus Sun 02-Nov-08 15:56:44

And a couple of nappies to try and add to my kit.

lisad123 Sun 02-Nov-08 19:54:16

those that are intrested can email minx101 at hotmail dot com

Thanks for price's £2.50 each sounds faor enough. Im happy to throw in a few odd non tot bots ones. ;)

lollipopmother Mon 03-Nov-08 08:46:06

Lisa - I've noticed that the usednappies.com website is really slow and I've bought really cheaply there, so I wouldn't recommend it. Equally you have to pay a fiver to use the MN for sale, which eats in to your profits, but I've noticed people are having some success selling for reasonable prices. I would suggest making an account on UKparentslounge.com as it's free and they have quite a lot of members, they have a specific nappies for sale forum. Also, sign up to this yahoo group and put an advert up.

lollipopmother Mon 03-Nov-08 08:49:37

Has anyone heard from AnnVan recently, she's not been on has she? Hope she's doing ok with her LO.

Sunflower - I take it back about the legs on the pop-in, they are EVIL! I've washed it twice on a full wash and there's STILL poo in it! Evil evil evil!

I was very impressed by the Wonderoo yesterday, I went to a christening and managed to take a bursting nappy bag but no wrap for my spares, so couldn't change her. She was in it for about 6h with just the small Wonderful insert, and her bum was perfectly dry when I took it off.

babyjjbaby Mon 03-Nov-08 08:57:25

actually i have just realise annvann hasn't been on hope she is ok

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now