Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

do you wait till they're dry at night/naps before stopping nappies?

(5 Posts)
dandycandyjellybean Thu 30-Oct-08 09:17:24

Ds was dry during the day at 2.6. Just turned 3 and no signs whatsoever of dryness during sleep, often huge sogginess still. Lots of people have said to me just stop putting him in nappies he will stop wetting. Tried this a couple of times, massive sogginess and distress. Put him in pull ups and prepared him, got him saying 'now willy, no more wees till morning' when we put them on at night, but deffo no change. Do i just wait a bit or what? Baffled.

dandycandyjellybean Thu 30-Oct-08 09:49:12

anyone?

marmaspook Thu 30-Oct-08 09:55:49

Think a hormone kicks in. When they begin waking up dry then try it. My dd was dry at 2.2 and now is 4 and still in night time nappies. i am in no hurry to change sheets frequently so am waiting- getting impatient though! My dd is a very deep sleeper though.

Sawyer64 Thu 30-Oct-08 09:59:42

I think they do get less soggy,but my DD1 still used her nappy when I decided to be "brave" and take it off,no wet beds or accidents!

I used to put the potty at the side of her bed though,and if she woke up she'd use it,and then started using the toilet at night when she woke.

Sawyer64 Thu 30-Oct-08 10:03:26

I would recommend trying it when you feel ready,prepare yourself for a night of changing sheets,and if it happens then maybe they arent ready,and you'll need to try again in a month or so.

If you only have a slight accident,or no accidents the first night then I'd percevere(sp?)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now