Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Washable nappy users...what do you do when you're out?

(9 Posts)
luckywinner Wed 29-Oct-08 19:57:39

I love my bumgenius nappies but my dh hates them. He always puts my dd in disposables when we/they go out as he says its unhygienic to carry round used nappies.

I just take out a couple of plastic bags to put them in if we're out but just wondered if anyone else had any other pearls of wisdom to convince dh.

RhinestoneCowghoul Wed 29-Oct-08 20:00:52

I sometimes use disposables when out, but now more confident and tend to use cloth. No real tips as I just tend to do the same as you. Had 2 used cloth nappies stashed in a placcy bag in the bottom of the buggy today, I doubt anyone noticed.

Also I use paper liners, so even with the dirty nappy today I could just whip out the liner and flush it, so only soggy really.

BigBadMouseInHauntedHouse Wed 29-Oct-08 20:41:09

I just use a nappy bag - same you use for disposables. Put used nappy inside and deal with when you get home. When I remember I take a wet bag too so I can put all the bagged up used nappies in that (we have 2 in cloth)

cuttingmeownthroatdibblaaaargh Wed 29-Oct-08 20:43:56

I always just used a wet bag and chucked the nappies in there. Its not unhygenic, but I suspect that this just another tack your DH is taking cos he doesn't like the bumgenius

mynameisluka Wed 29-Oct-08 20:46:39

Plastic bag or a polyester/nylon nappy bag like this (about halfway down link

ilovemydog Wed 29-Oct-08 20:46:52

how is it unhygenic?

i use a wet bag - like the ones kids use for sports...

CarGirl Wed 29-Oct-08 20:48:28

I used those cheap waterproof wash bags about £1 for tesco value ones, give them a wipe out and wash occaisionally. When it was a dirty nappy I would use a nappy sack first though.

luckywinner Wed 29-Oct-08 20:54:12

yippee I am going to show this thread to my dh. me thinks he is complaining far too much.

Those bags look v handy. And I also use the flushable liners too so its not like I am carting round mountains of poo. But if I'm in the park do you think I could persuade him to use the doggy poo bins wink?

returnofrusmummy Thu 30-Oct-08 08:31:25

just take a carrier bag to put dirty ones in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now