Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Newborn nappy wraps - Message for Cornflake Girl and others.

(8 Posts)
Cooperoo Thu 10-Mar-05 05:38:25

Hi there,
To Cornflake Girl - we were chatting on another thread about newborn wraps and that the ME were in theory not suitable until 10lbs.
I have spoken to my friend who had a 7lb baby and she has successfully used Popolino wraps, size small,from birth. She is using the velcro ones. These are almost identical to the ME Rikki although when I tried them I thought the fit was just that bit smaller. I am going to buy some ME Rikki wraps and keep my fingers crossed. If it is a disaster then the new baby will have to be in disps for a few days while I order some smaller wraps. My friend was trying the Nature Babies wraps but didn't like the fit as much. I should add that she is using the ME onesize nappy with these wraps so maybe this filled it out a bit.
Has anyone else any experience with a new born in cloth. We were late starters at 4 mths with dd.
Thanks

cornflakegirl Thu 10-Mar-05 11:07:08

Hi Cooperoo

Thanks for posting this - please let me know how you get on!

I mentioned what you'd said before about the Rikki wrap to a friend who had her baby a couple of weeks ago. She has a Rikki wrap, and said she might try it. Haven't spoken to her yet about whether she did - will let you know (Think my friend is using MEOS too...)

FionaJT Thu 10-Mar-05 20:35:25

Hi, hope you don't mind me butting in - my dd is now 9 weeks and I started using cloth at around 2 weeks. I have a mixture of nappies (including MEOS) as well as using muslins, and I found that early on the small ME Rikki worked best of all the wraps I tried. (She was nearly 8lbs at birth but dropped right down to 7lbs 2)
Hope that helps!

Fiona

Cooperoo Thu 10-Mar-05 20:45:52

Fiona, thank you so much for your post and please don't think you are butting in at all. This is exactly the kind of info Cornflake Girl and I were hoping for. The ME wraps have worked the best for my dd1 and so I am keen to use them from birth with the new baby. Oooh, I can do some shopping in confidence now. Thank you
Thanks too for your reply CG. I will be interested in what your friend thinks too.

LeahE Thu 10-Mar-05 21:06:34

I would think that the smallest size Tots Bots wrap (which has Aplix fastening) would also do. Admittedly ds was over 10lb at birth so I don't have direct experience, but they could fasten a LOT smaller than we had them done up on him -- and they are also designed so that if you want to go even smaller then you can actually overlap the aplix tabs.

Cooperoo Fri 11-Mar-05 04:44:20

Thanks for that pointer too Leah. I am glad I don't feel I have to buy newborn sizes as well as small. DD was 8lb 7 so I am expecting a similar size baby this time. Over 10lb at birth . Wow. You did well with that one?
Thanks again.

Cooperoo Fri 11-Mar-05 04:45:11

Sorry ? should be !. It is actually 0644 here not 0444 but still too early for me!

Waswondering Fri 11-Mar-05 13:42:12

I hired a set of nb wraps from the Nappy Lady - found this very helpful as I hadn't any previous experience of cloth! When I returned them I got money back, which I obviously put into buying my own wraps!

HTH!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now