Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Tots bots Flexitots nappies shedding after wash please help

(10 Posts)
glitterbird Tue 28-Oct-08 12:05:11

has anyone else had this problem. I have been using flexitots for past 4 months now on my DS and they have started shedding fibres from the inside of the nappy whenever I wash them. I have to shake them out after every wash before I hang to dry and have to clean out the inside of the washing machine which is a real pain and it gets all over other clothes if I miss any bits.

Can anyone else offer advice on how I can stop the shedding or have I got a faulty batch.
thanks

BigBadMouseInHauntedHouse Tue 28-Oct-08 13:39:30

um...not sure if it is a faulty batch tbh.

How are you washing them? Are you dry pailing?

Unless you have been doing something drastically wrong with the washing routine then I think you should return them for a replacement.

needaholiday Wed 29-Oct-08 19:12:32

ditto what BBM says, they must be a dodgy batch.

glitterbird Wed 29-Oct-08 22:35:46

thanks for the messages. I contacted tots bots and they said they are faulty and have asked me to return them for new replacements and they will pay for postage. so good news I think

BigBadMouseInHauntedHouse Thu 30-Oct-08 16:04:51

Yes....um.......will be interested to see how you get on with your replacement wink

needaholiday Thu 30-Oct-08 18:31:43

well done, make sure you post and let on how the replacements hold up.

spongebrainbigpants Fri 31-Oct-08 21:16:19

BigBadMouse, are you not a fan of flexitots? I'm just about to order mine, but having read this thread am a little worried - am I making a mistake?

BigBadMouseInHauntedHouse Sat 01-Nov-08 13:42:29

spongebrain - um...I think they are a little bit over-rated (like most of the tb range is now compared to the competition) but they are OK. I don't think they are as slim fitting or quick drying as TB claim them to be. They are slim around the hips but very bulky between the legs on littley. I think there is a photo of DS in one on my profile and it was too bulky and not as absorbant as I would have hoped.

I was sort of skirting around the point that this isn't the first shredding problem I've heard of - hopefully it's just a teething problem and they now have it sorted.

Are you just going to buy one or two at first - I always think that is a good idea but especially so with these as I think they aren't quite what they are made out to be with regards to drying time etc.

hth smile

spongebrainbigpants Sat 01-Nov-08 19:52:29

Thanks BBM, that's really helpful. I'll try a couple and see how I get on. smile

needaholiday Sun 02-Nov-08 07:48:28

They were advertised as quick drying but I have heard they can take up to 3 days without a tumbler, yet they were recommended as not tumble dryeringable weren't they?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now