Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Anyone got any opinions on the eco bumble?

(15 Posts)
tutu100 Sat 25-Oct-08 12:40:06

I'm getting all the old nappies ready for the new baby, but need a few more size 2 or btp. I was going to buy some of the bargain tots that are around at the moment, but my nappies that I've already got have dried like cardboard (I don't have a tumble drier). And also have taken an age to dry on the airer so I thought the eco bumbles might be good as I have terries to stuff them with, hopefully they will be good for those not used to folding nappies and also I hope they wil dry faster as they are not so thick as tots.

Has anyone used them. I wondered what the terry fabric quality was like, and how well they nippa. Also could they really be used from birth if folded down and with little stuffing put in?

My mate has some and likes them

Same fabric etc as a normal bumble, so good quality, nippa well and yup to folding down

tutu100 Sat 25-Oct-08 12:48:55

Thanks they sound like a good try then. Can't afford to spend much so at least they are cheap and I have the stuffing already. I need these nappies to last as ds grew out of size 1 nappies at 16 weeks so if this one is a similar size there doesn't seem much point in buying anything other than a size 2 or btp.

HensMum Sat 25-Oct-08 12:54:01

I got one of these for DS and I like it. The fabric is soft and dries nicely, even if you don't tumble. I think they'd be ideal from birth as you could just stuff with a muslin.
Oh and they dry really quickly.
And there's no P&P so you can just buy one for £3 to try out

Anglepoise Sat 25-Oct-08 13:31:09

DD has been in them a couple of times from about two weeks onwards, though they are quite bulky on her (though was stuffing with towelling booster, not muslin). We have some nappies that are slightly smaller so switched to those for now (she's four weeks today) but otherwise would happily use the Bumble.

LackaDAISYcal Sat 25-Oct-08 13:45:04

I've got some but haven't used them yet (baby due in less thatn two weeks), but they seem really nice. I bought them as I have loads of things I could use to stuff them with but like using shaped terries. The price is fantastic, I got five for £15 from easy peasy's ebay shop smile

CarGirl Sat 25-Oct-08 13:46:22

I used bumbles (which are the same as eco bumble but come with the snap in boosters etc) from birth on my 9lber, first of all they needed no boosting then I boosted on the outside with a kushies type flanelette thin booster before going up to the snap in ones.

They are really fab especially if you already have the boosting. Perhaps cut some of your terries in 2 to make up smaller boosters?

CarGirl Sat 25-Oct-08 13:47:55

X-posts thats why I found boosting on the outside better when they were little, got a great nippa fit for the BF poo explosions plus you didn't have to take it apart for washing.

Got any old flanelette sheets to make some thin boosters?

LackaDAISYcal Sat 25-Oct-08 13:53:32

or try some microfibre cloths as thin boosters. They are cheap as chips from tesco/asda etc.

that's a great tip about boosting on the outside cargirl. I'll store that one away for future reference smile

CarGirl Sat 25-Oct-08 13:55:35

I was just coming back to sugget value microfibre cloths or indeed ikea flannels.........

LackaDAISYcal Sat 25-Oct-08 13:57:45

ikea flannels good too; we use them as resueable wipes as they are a good size and do make good boosters if folded in three

mybabywakesupsinging Sun 26-Oct-08 22:55:23

They are the only shaped nappies we have (cheap). They are great - not as quick as a flat terry to dry , but not too slow.
They seem to have a very capacious pocket. I am currently using them as a night nappy for ds2 stuffed with a bamboo prefold, a booster and a terry nappy.
He can barely walk with it on...(he is 18 months btw)
I can imagine them being good from about 3 months but pretty massive on a neonate

tutu100 Mon 27-Oct-08 20:18:12

Thanks everyone for your very positive experiences of them. I will order some as you can't seem to go wrong. I have 40cms terries to stuff them with for a smaller baby. Like I said ds outgrew his size 1 nappies at 16 weeks so if this baby is similar I don't think they will seem too big for too long.

Now all I need to do is improve my nipparing skills. (Never suceeded with ds).

CarGirl Mon 27-Oct-08 21:39:33

If you start from birth it's quite easy as they're more co-opertive then - lol!!!!

tutu100 Mon 27-Oct-08 23:36:08

That's what I'm hoping! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now