Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Ideas for newborn cloth nappies

(11 Posts)
accessorizequeen Fri 24-Oct-08 21:13:00

I have 4 week old twins, and a small selection of cloth for them but would like to go full-time as all the disposables are leaking. I have some kissaluv size 0 which I don't like although they do fit ok, a couple of small sandies which are a bit big and plenty of popolino and rikki/airflow wraps. I did have a bimble which was lovely but far too small (perhaps it's a size 0, not a size 1?).

I'm using the fluffle & bumgenius on them at night which is fine but want something trimmer on them by day. Would prefer to buy 2nd hand if poss as I have loads of btp nappies already which they can use when older/bigger. Should I just buy more sandies (how long would XS last them?) as they seem to be available although I prefer nippa nappies really & thought the bimble was great. The dt's are quite different shapes - she's normal sized, he's a skinny long chicken grin so need to suit both of them ideally.

ilovemydog Fri 24-Oct-08 21:14:43

Motherease sandy's extra small. Both mine had skinny legs.

Lasted until about 15 pounds?

cuttingmeownthroatdibblaaaargh Fri 24-Oct-08 21:15:50

XS Sandys are sooo cute, and last suprisingly long. Theres usually someone selling some on here

accessorizequeen Fri 24-Oct-08 21:19:27

Oh, I am surprised about that, 15 pounds? No wonder the smalls seem huge on boy twin particularly! I do like sandies, will they work ok under the wraps I have which all seem to have gussets (aside from the airflows)? I'm a bit lost as I normally use bambineo size 2's + airflow or pockets on ds2. Many thanks!

DeJaVous Fri 24-Oct-08 21:23:11

Size one bambineos should be pretty easy to get hold of second had. They have also been sold under the names Wam Bamboo, Bambinex and Geobel.

Size one bamboozles are great (much better than the size twos).

I don't know about Sandies, sorry.

cuttingmeownthroatdibblaaaargh Fri 24-Oct-08 21:27:25

Rikkis or sim are fine with Sandys - we used Rikkis with ours until DS was big enough to fit in a small airflow

DeJaVous Fri 24-Oct-08 21:32:44

Oh, the Sandies should be fine with the Rikki/Airflows, they are both made by MotherEase after all.

accessorizequeen Fri 24-Oct-08 21:34:51

Good point, of course they are! There are some for sale, so have just asked - mumsnet is so efficient! Thanks all.

ilovemydog Fri 24-Oct-08 21:36:11

think sandy's extra small say suitable up to 12 lbs, but both mine were low on weight chart (think bottom of chart) but high on length (think about 50 - 75th shock)

So, they lasted longer than on normal babies....

Good reliable nappy.

accessorizequeen Fri 24-Oct-08 21:43:29

I have a few large & they're pretty well bomb-proof so you don't have to convince me! Would suit boytwin (ds3) beautifullly by the sound of things. Perhaps I could indulge in something purple for girl twin...

lollipopmothershalloweenghost Sat 25-Oct-08 07:19:07

Definitely go for XS Sandy's, my DD is in them at the moment, absolutely no idea how much she weighs but 3 weeks ago she weighed 8.12oz, she's got skinny legs and tum and the XS look lush and not a single leg-leak.

If you like nippas then maybe you could look at acquiring a Nature Babies Lovable to try, they are microterry with fleece inner, retail at £6 from some sites and are nippa fastening. Because they're microterry they are perminantly soft, they aren't quite as slim as the Sandy's but they are really gorgeous and also they dry in the blink of an eye so you'd probably get away with having less - you can get them in pink or blue fleece inner so you could have one of each for your DTs. Oh, and they go to 18lbs so you'd get a lot more wear out of them than the XS Sandy's. This site is the cheapest I've found for them, although I know that Emma at Boocoo is selling some at the same price but only in pink, and I'm having some so don't go stealing my stash!! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now