Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Who takes the lead in potty training - you or dc? Should I be doing something???!

(2 Posts)
cruisemum1 Fri 24-Oct-08 14:40:08

Rather confused. Ds (2yrs 1 mth) doesn't seem bothered at all about pooing/weeing in potty/loo. Should I be promoting it or just wait for him to show signs of readiness? What are signs of readiness? I have a 10yo dd but i cannot remember what i did for her at all!!! HELP

Lastyearsmodel Fri 24-Oct-08 15:03:25

Have a potty around the house, talk about what you're doing when you go (and DH and DD too) but from wet and messy experience this summer, leave it til they really REALLY make it clear they're ready to go it alone. 2.1yo still quite young. And it may not happen in a week like some people's DCs seem to manage. We're on week 2 of sticker chart and seeing some progress but very steady. (DD 2.5 btw). Oh and get them to choose pants when you go shopping. They will choose the tackiest, most lurid ones going but they will be theirs and they will love them smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now