Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

How do you get stains out of real nappies?

(12 Posts)
quint Fri 24-Oct-08 14:21:36

There was a tip on her a while ago and I stupidly forgot to take note of it. Can any of you please help me, I think it involved milton and white vinegar but can;t remember - thanks

dingdong05 Fri 24-Oct-08 14:58:53

I know that sunshine is a good bleaching agent, but I'll squat here on your thread to see if any other tips come up

Mung Fri 24-Oct-08 15:01:08

The sun really works...but at this time of year its pretty hard to come by. Do the stains really matter? I just wash mine and put vinegar in occassionally, but I'll admit that they are not as white as they could be!

cmotdibbler Fri 24-Oct-08 15:04:10

In the sun - even just leaving them on the window sill works.

If you were desperate, then a soak in Milton would work, but I've never been that bothered

wontbepreggersagain Fri 24-Oct-08 15:06:11

soak them in milton solution over night, then do a couple of rinses before washing as normal and adding white vinegar to the fab cond drawer.

Caution- milton can kill elastic in nappies if used too often- but a couple of times over the life of the nappies won't be too disasterous!

lollipopmothershalloweenghost Fri 24-Oct-08 15:39:33

I don't think it actually has to be sunny, it's the UV that bleaches the stains.

babyjjbaby Fri 24-Oct-08 16:04:22

i have hung a load of really bad stained tots bots on line today and i think they have come out i had a quick lokk when i put washing on line i just washed them on 60 with some napisan and hung them on line

MrsBadger Fri 24-Oct-08 16:25:01

cmot is spot on
leave on windowsill in sun

better than line as you odn;t worry about it raining on them

quint Fri 24-Oct-08 19:44:49

Thanks everyone. DD2 is now too big for them so I will be looking for a new home for them and I don;t think anyone will want them with marks on - well to be fair there are only about 3 that need it.

I also seem to remember a thread ages ago that ebay have stopped people selling used (but clean) nappies is that right?

babyjjbaby Fri 24-Oct-08 21:17:13

there is alot of used nappies getting through ebay atm u can always put us?d instead of used

ready4anotherCoffee Fri 24-Oct-08 21:19:19

try the used nappy company, i've sold on there before

quint Sun 26-Oct-08 23:03:54

Will take a look thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now