Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

dd goes to hide instead of using the potty/toilet................

(12 Posts)
blushingm Thu 23-Oct-08 20:51:04

what can i do? She obviously knows she needs to go as she'll get to her hiding place before she wee's or poohs.

any advice would be gratefully received

TIA

UmMwahahahaaaaa Thu 23-Oct-08 21:06:06

Hi, dd did this (but only for poos). We just went with it, she still says 'go away' sometimes (but is happy to poo in our presence too sometimes now hmm). I just say, ok,I've gone away. She is 2.5 and happily potty trained. No idea where it came from, we have always been completely open...

hester Thu 23-Oct-08 21:08:57

dd does this, but only for wees! I just take a deep breath, mop it up, don't make a fuss.

I'm hoping someone will come along with a better suggestion...

UmMwahahahaaaaa Thu 23-Oct-08 21:14:34

ah sorry. dd did this in her nappy. could you teach her 'go away please'?

blushingm Sat 25-Oct-08 20:15:52

she knows 'go away' says it to her brother all the time grin

do i put her back in nappies or carry on. she's never done anything in the potty but can hold it long enough to get to her hiding place and since she's hiding surely it means she knows she needs to go........i put her on potty/toilet and she just shouts 'nnnnoooooooooooo'

ches Sun 26-Oct-08 13:58:22

Is her potty in her hiding place?

blushingm Sun 26-Oct-08 14:03:37

no her potty is in the living room - are you thinking perhaps she wants a bit of privacy??

Do i persavere with it or go back to nappies or will she just get confused??? she goes to her 'pooh place' if she has a nappy on too

UmMwahahahaaaaa Sun 26-Oct-08 15:05:06

I don't really get the whole potty in the living room thing, always feels odd when we at friend's and I have to watch her daughter have a poo... Why not put it in the bathroom near the toilet?

crokky Sun 26-Oct-08 15:10:49

I'd get 2 potties. Put one in her hiding place and one wherever you want to.

UmMwahahahaaaaa - the potty in the living room thing - we do this. This is where DS is most likely to be when he wants to wee/poo. Since he is potty training, I ask visitors to leave the room when DS needs to use the potty. Otherwise, he will have an accident!

UmMwahahahaaaaa Sun 26-Oct-08 15:20:03

Oh I see, dd was always able to hold it (but I have heard this is harder to do for boys). Just amusing trying to drink your coffee with an, um... aroma filling the air grin.

Agree with the two potties thing, thats what I think I was planning to do (then dd surprised me and basically did it herself - I wasn't ready !!).

MrsOnTheMove Sun 26-Oct-08 15:40:21

Hi blushingm

Both my DD's did this blush DD1 used to hide then wee/poo in her nappy, refused the potty - so we skipped potty and went to using the loo with a child seat. She had HUGE issues doing poo's on the toilet though, so would play happily in pants and use the toilet for a wee - but if she needed a poo she put on a nappy and hid.

It was a pain at the time and every one said she would grow out of it (she was 3 at the time)we ignored it and she eventually got the hang of doing everything on the toilet. She is now 5.5 and likes her privacy her sister 3.5 was and is exactly the same grin

blushingm Mon 27-Oct-08 15:07:46

right then - there are now 2 potties in may house and 2 toilet traning seats. dd is sitting happily right now with mothercares reuseable training pants. She likes to sit in the new potty chair and says wee but won't pull her pants down.

thanks for all the suggestions - will see how we go

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now