Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Anyone else sick of wiping up pi$$ and fancies a moan?

(25 Posts)
oliveoil Tue 08-Mar-05 13:30:46

Grrrrrr, potty training

How long does the 'don't need wee wee' (2 seconds later) 'done wee wee all wet ha ha ha' stage last??

Good job I have wooden floors. Apart from in the playroom where, what a shocker, she seems to pee.

handlemecarefully Tue 08-Mar-05 13:31:34

Ummm - is she really ready do you think?

northerner Tue 08-Mar-05 13:32:05

Hark at you with yer playroom! Showing off!

How long have you been going with the training?

oliveoil Tue 08-Mar-05 13:36:45

HMC - I don't think she is tbh, but dh and mil think she is. She knows when she has done something but so far she has only got anything in the potty whilst watching tv. Fluke I reckon.

Northerner - I was using Estate Agent Speak. Some of you may recognise my 'playroom':

Pile of folded up buggies
Dining table (not used)
Pile of ironing
Clothes dryer
TV (old, can only get 2 channels)

Oh and some toys scattered about.

Should I stop doing this potty thing then? She told me no more nappies yesterday so I thought I would have a go?

northerner Tue 08-Mar-05 13:41:15

Well if you follow Gina Ford's method (ooh contreversial) she reckons that day on days 1 & 2 they will have loads of accidents and you just have to bear with it.

How old is your dd now?

oliveoil Tue 08-Mar-05 13:43:27

She is 2 years and 4 months. I want her to go to playgroup in April and they need to be trained.

Grrrrr.

Am going to carry on I think but it is hard stuck in all day asking her every 5 whether she wants the potty.

handlemecarefully Tue 08-Mar-05 13:43:55

I'd give it 48 hours total and if no improvement shelve it and revisit in a few weeks time.

I found a reward of a couple of maltesers incentivised my dd nicely when she mastered the art at 2.5.

With my dd I had tried previously at 2.1 and 2.3 with no success. On the latter occasion however she grasped it on the first day (just two accidents and most wees and poos in the toilet), and was very reliable within 3 or 4 days.

I think if they are going to get it they get it fast

handlemecarefully Tue 08-Mar-05 13:46:08

Didn't see your last post re your playgroup deadline.

In that case persevere but use sweets as a reward - worth a go?

With mine it did mean that she manipulated the situation to begin with - she would go for a wee and do about a teaspoon of urine and then go again 10 minutes later to produce another teaspoon - purely to get the chocolate....but this passed, and after about a week had elapsed she forgot to even ask for her chocolate reward.

flamesparrow Tue 08-Mar-05 13:47:23

B is a little star so far - but only if she's got nothing on her bum... stick knickers or pull ups on her and she wees indiscriminately!

I'm a big believer in leaving them til they're ready. We have naked baby for a week or so, and then try wet knicker day (keeping putting on fresh when she wets). When the fight on wet knicker day gets hard, we go back to bare bum. Eventually she'll get it sussed (I hope)!!!

This being my only child though, I have no idea if it will work!!!

oliveoil Tue 08-Mar-05 13:47:24

Did you ask her all the time whether they wanted to use the potty? Not sure if I am doing her head in!

flamesparrow Tue 08-Mar-05 13:49:04

For those of you in the know... how do I get her to stop using "wee wee mummy" as a way to get me to pay attention?!

I am washing dishes, she wants me to play, so she'll say wee wee mummy. I stop, dry hands to sort her, and she runs away saying "No" and doesn't need wee at all . I don't like to ignore it though, or we get puddles and tears!!!

handlemecarefully Tue 08-Mar-05 13:49:55

No I didn't ask all the time - well I did for the first morning and then decided to leave it to her. After all they are not genuinely potty trained unless they can identify the need to go themselves and act upon it

Xena Tue 08-Mar-05 13:51:23

Flamesparrow that must be a girl thing because thats what my DD says too . FWIW my DS was much easier to train but he went to a day nursery and they used to take them to the toilet all the time.

handlemecarefully Tue 08-Mar-05 13:51:31

I have a friend with a dd who is 5 days older than mine. Friend decided her dd would be toilet trained before Christmas.

Result is that even though this child trained 6 3weeks before mine, she still won't do a poo in the toilet and has to be reminded about wees.

flamesparrow Tue 08-Mar-05 13:51:36

B just got stroppy with me asking, and does better by herself!

handlemecarefully Tue 08-Mar-05 13:51:53

that should be 6 weeks, not 63 weeks!!!

oliveoil Tue 08-Mar-05 13:52:18

mil has her for the next two days, should I get her to carry on of will it confuse her?

handlemecarefully Tue 08-Mar-05 13:53:59

Well since mil as you say, thinks your dd should be potty trained then yes I would be very tempted to let mil continue with it over the next 2 days and deal with it herself!!

oliveoil Tue 08-Mar-05 13:56:30

tee hee! Well, dh doesn't piss his pants or crap on the floor so she knows what she is doing I suppose

It's hard as she always seem to pee when my back is turned dealing with dd2. Attention seeking maybe......grrrrrrrr again.

flamesparrow Tue 08-Mar-05 14:01:15

God yes - let her carry on if its her crazy idea! Tell her it would confuse em to be starting and stopping, and you wouldn't want to mess up the good work you've done

oliveoil Tue 08-Mar-05 21:27:53

update: she asked and did a pee in the potty twice today. Hurrah.

God I am so bored, dh shouting at the tv (footy on), highlight of my day is piss and I have to feign excitement at flushing the loo. God help my brain.

flamesparrow Tue 08-Mar-05 21:30:20

I have to flush the loo in secret... B sobbed for 10 mins last week cos she wanted her wee wee back!!!

angelmama72 Tue 08-Mar-05 21:50:52

my little man used the potty 3 times today....feels so good to see him growing up.

Put pants on him and he promptly did a wee....such is life....but good start...lol

flamesparrow Tue 08-Mar-05 21:52:53

I'm starting to think that pants have some magic quality (like hearing running water as a grown up, or sticking a toddler's feet in warm water), and they make any small child wee within 5 mins of wearing them!

handlemecarefully Wed 09-Mar-05 08:56:04

Well done oliveoil junior!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now