Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

New research shows cloth nappies more environmentally damaging than disposables

(2 Posts)
Neenztwinz Tue 21-Oct-08 21:00:10

Saw this in the Sunday Times at the weekend... don't know if anyone else has posted about this already, couldn't see anything about it, so sorry if it's already been done.

It says unless you wash nappies at 60C or less (who doesn't?) and line-dry them all year round, using cloth nappies leaves a bigger carbon footprint than using disposables.

I for one don't give a toss. I love my cloth nappies, always wash at 60C or less and rarely tumble dry. And my babies aren't growing up with their genitals covered in plastic and chemicals.

Also, not sure whether the report looked at the effects of disposables on landfill, or whether it was just about the CO2 released during production.

www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/environment/article4969413.ece

BigBadMouseInHauntedHouse Tue 21-Oct-08 21:25:40

Yes, there are threads here

That is a most crappy piece of biased reporting shock. There is a link to the actual report on the thread I have linked to above so anyone can read throgh and make their own mind up (although people without a scientific background may be put off reading it).

I don't mind what type of nappies people use but I do get seriously P*ed off when people aren't presented with an unbiased account of the facts angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now