Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

potty training

(2 Posts)
pepapig Tue 21-Oct-08 15:36:22

i'm trying to potty train my 2 yr 2month daughter. I bought a potty just after her 2nd birthday, I've left her nappy of on occasions and tried to encourage her to go on, but she just did it where she was stood. Then one day I nipped upstairs and left her with a friend and she used it but she wont ever since, she even screams to have her nappy put back on some times.

bubblagirl Tue 21-Oct-08 17:55:08

she is obviously not ready yet she will show signs when ready such as taking nappy off after one wee

not wanting nappy on at all leave it for another month or 2 and see how she is then its still quite young

when that bit older you can use reward charts and stickers but probably bit ttoo young to understand concept fully

also if screaming when trying you dont want her to associate potty as a negative time so leave until ready start when showing signs of wanting out of nappy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now