Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

HELP PLEASE on potty training my 2 yr 10 month - she's happy to sit in her dirty nappy all day if she could....

(8 Posts)
Amani Tue 21-Oct-08 12:04:03

Hi,

Help with potty training please.

Yesterday was day one of trying to train my daughter (2 yrs 10 month) to potty train and I didn't have much luck. She wet and soiled herself a few time times and was quiet content to sit in her dirty clothes until I noticed. I put her on the toilet every half an hour and she done nothing on the loo and as soon as she got off the loo, she done a poo or wee in her trousers. I've got another DD who is 10 months - and it's so much hard work going back and forths from the bathroom as well as the cleaning that by 2pm I had given up and put the nappies back on.

Question is does this mean DD is not ready for potty training or do I have to be more persistent?

Amani Tue 21-Oct-08 13:40:12

bump

firststeps Tue 21-Oct-08 13:45:59

Amani I have 2 DS's exactly the same ages as your lo's, I have also been trying to potty train and gave up for exactly the same reasons as you - so no advice I'm afraid but sympathies - maybe someone will be aong soon with some good advice!

Amani Tue 21-Oct-08 15:37:36

cheers - anyone else

SongbirdScreamsInTheDeadOfNite Tue 21-Oct-08 15:46:11

Honestly, I think she's not ready. Do you force yourself to sit on the loo every half hour, just in case? I kept a potty in the living room (I know some people are precious about this, but it doesn't bother me) and sat dd on it every now and again, but really, it started with her. I now wish she was still in nappies - you wait for 5 minutes in the bank getting closer to the start of the queue, and then 'mummy i need a poo!'..... grrrrrrrr.

SongbirdScreamsInTheDeadOfNite Tue 21-Oct-08 15:47:32

First of all, get her to tell you when she's done one, then when she's doing one, then when she wants to do one. Before she understands all these things, she won't be ready.

sportswidow Tue 21-Oct-08 19:51:07

I think you just have to keep trying and be as patient as you can. It would be a lot to expect that she gets the hang of it after just one morning, after all you are trying to reverse the habits of her whole life time.

All the advice I got was, once you've started you shouldn't stop. Otherwise they just get confused ...

Amani Wed 22-Oct-08 12:38:33

thanks ladies - going to try again thie w/e

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now