Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Help from anyone who has ever used a bed wetting alarm with their DC........

(5 Posts)
FAQ Mon 20-Oct-08 23:02:18

I have just come across a problem we've not had before.

Since we got it DS1 has never actually wet it - it's gone off and he's managed to get out of bed and get to the toilet. However tonight for the first time he was too late, and it was soaked..........

How on earth do you get it dry enough to use straight away again? I've used the dry half of the pillow case it was in, about 1/2 a roll of toilet paper, and although it feels mostly dry there's obviously enough moisture on there still to set it off.

Result - DS1 has gone back to bed minus the alarm.

FAQ Tue 21-Oct-08 10:12:37

anyone please so we don't have the same problem tonight?

babyjjbaby Tue 21-Oct-08 11:27:28

our one used to have a reset button and that stopped now u mentione dit i really can't remeber

Geepers Tue 21-Oct-08 11:28:31

Not used one so can't help, sorry.

How old does a child have to be before they are recommended?

My son is 5 and no where near dry at night, despite being day time trained before he was two.

FAQ Tue 21-Oct-08 12:00:21

thanks baby - the problem is getting all of the moisture off the mat - it's so sensitive that the tiniest bit sets it off again.

Someone suggested a hairdryer (off line lol) so I may try that tonigt if he soaks it again.

Geepers - usually it's once they're 7 they can be referred.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now