Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Been given a pile of prefolds and don't know what to do with them

(9 Posts)
kateyk Mon 20-Oct-08 21:05:20

Hello, I am new to cloth nappies but have already spent hours every night reading these pages! my dd is 4 months old and i have just started putting her in the modern baby popins and also itti bitti d'lish, which i really like. also tried tots bots with motherease wraps. I like the nappies but she looks ridiculous in the baggy wraps so am selling them already. I have just been given a huge pile (about 20) of old prefold nappies -lovely white cotton ones measuring 48cm x 34cm -and am wondering what to do with them. can someone persuade me they are worth using and if so how?? I tried folding them and fanning them at the top as per twinkle ontheweb's guidelines and just didn't really get it. compared to my popins they seem very ungainly and bound to leak. would i be better buying some pocket nappies and using the prefolds to stuff them? But don't they come with their own innards anyway? very confused. maybe I will use them for cleaning cloths! sorry, that was very long winded.

LynetteScavo Mon 20-Oct-08 21:07:27

Even if you don't use them as nappies they will come in very usefull; for placign on changing mat/wiping up sick etc. My youngest is 3, and I'm still finding uses for them!

thisisyesterday Mon 20-Oct-08 21:09:14

i have a few that I use for stuffing pocket nappies.
some people get on ok with prefolds, but I think if you're happy with the nappies you have already you're unlikely to find prefolds better, or even equal to them. that's just my opinion though!

most pocket nappies don't come with inserts, so you could certainly use trhem for that

kateyk Mon 20-Oct-08 21:36:23

thanks, what's the best pocket nappy to try? hopefully one that looks nice too!

returnofrusmummy Tue 21-Oct-08 11:37:21

Hi i use prefolds, some people like them. I do (now) after a bit of practice.

TheProvincialLady Tue 21-Oct-08 11:59:54

You might find them very useful as boosters once your DD is a bit older and her wee output increases. We were given some and they have been invaluable for that purpose, especially at night.

BlueChampagne Wed 22-Oct-08 12:59:41

We use pre-folds in a kind of kite-fold with a nippa. Nursery uses them folded in 3 and fanned out at one end which I think is usual. Both seem to be effective.

kateyk Wed 22-Oct-08 13:35:21

great, thanks very much. i am going to get some motherease rikki wraps and have a go.

mybabywakesupsinging Thu 23-Oct-08 00:44:17

eco-bumble=cheap pocket nappy you could stuff with your prefolds...
mopping up cloths, esp. when potty training...
ds2 uses them, pinnes with a nippa with nature babies wraps

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now