Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Usables questions...paper liners and newborn sizes

(13 Posts)
cupcake76 Mon 20-Oct-08 15:52:01

Message withdrawn

Essie3 Mon 20-Oct-08 16:06:06

Hi there!
I only have one little DS, and I'm using BTP pop-ins on him. They're small - see the pics on my profile! It might solve the problem and then you would have double the nappies for your DS and the next one. Hell, you could start trying for the next one right now and use the nappies in tandem! grin

I started a thread here once on paper liners. I can't find it. But this is what I know!
-Paper liners don't keep the baby dry to the touch. You need fleece ones for that.
-They are useful with bigger DCs, but with babies our ages (my DS is 4 months) they don't really do much. They're for poo, but my DS poos his big bfed numbers right through the paper liner!
-Fleece liners are softer, and more effective, and also reusable. You can even make your own really cheaply!

And having said all of this, I'm still using paper liners. grin

bitofadramaqueen Mon 20-Oct-08 16:42:15

My DS hated paper liners, sensitive soul that he is, so we use fleece liners.

<waves at essie>

FullMoonHowler Mon 20-Oct-08 17:07:01

i only use fleece liners atm as the bf poo (6wk old) seems to "slide" everywhere with the paper liner - made my own from cheap blanket)

ilovemydog Mon 20-Oct-08 17:12:57

have to type this quickly or i'll be sick shock

paper liners are better for when the baby has started solids, ime. This way you can dump it into the toilet as the paper liner is effectively a barrier.

Bambino mio are the best liners as they are incredibly transparent (and probably better for old plumbing systems...)

lollipopmothershalloweenghost Mon 20-Oct-08 17:44:43

Fleece liners all the way, keeps the bum dry, are reusable so cheap and can make your own as Howler suggests.

Essie Are you on commission with those ruddy pop-ins?!

Sandy's are supposed to be pretty absorbent and are nice and slim fitting, these are the only make i've found to look really slim so far, but my DD is only 5 weeks today so all nappies look bulky on her!

cupcake76 Mon 20-Oct-08 18:43:31

Message withdrawn

Ariela Mon 20-Oct-08 18:51:33

Popli liners are a lot finer and softer than Bambino Mio, also the Tots bots spun lace liners are soft and thin too - b ut narrow so not ideal for humungous toddler poo.

MrsBadger Mon 20-Oct-08 18:55:14

Bimbles are similar to Bumbles but are sized - the Size 2s are the same as an unfolded BTP Bumble. I reckon Size 1s would see you through till he's 12m or so depending on his size/shape, then you'll need the Bumbles again.

I gave up on paper liners when my first roll ran out - bf poo just ran off at the edges and solid toddler poo pings straight off the fleece anyway.

If you're buying secondhand look out also for the old-style size 1 Totsbots with the fleece 'tongue' as they are pretty good too.

And check BooCoo Bargains for, um, bargains obviously hmm. (Am not on comission but am a staisfied customer.)

BigBadMouseInHauntedHouse Mon 20-Oct-08 19:47:17

MrsBadger/Cupcake - easypeasy have changed their range. The bimble used to be a sized bumble but now it can also be a btp which is just a thinner fit than the bumble so your bimbles could be size 0, 1 or 2 or the btp (although there aren't many btp bimbles about yet from what I can tell). here is the full range.

I would very much recommend Small Sandy's - esp the organic or bamboo (although the latter takes a good while to dry) - they fit up to 20lbs so you'll get a good bit of use out if them. Have a look in your red book and see what age your DC might be in that weight. They are well made and last for subsequent DCs easily they also have a good resale value. eBay has loads listed atm if you want to try for new - rrp is about £8 each but I have picked up 3 new ones for that price.

We use fleece liners here - my DCs are allergic to the paper ones apart from the really thick green baby ones...

Essie3 Mon 20-Oct-08 19:55:24

Lollipop oh, if only I was! I'd love a bit of commission - I'm really doing a fair bit of advertising for them, dammit! Let's hope they read on here and give me some...umm, free washable wipes...

Hi DQ! Not seen you for a while! Presumably because we're busy washing nappies in cold damp climates...

bitofadramaqueen Tue 21-Oct-08 10:01:07

Hi Essie - was finding that I was spending far too much time keeping up with post-natal thread, but I have been popping in from time to time. I do check in on all the nappy stuff regularly though for info and advice.

<sorry for hijack>

cupcake76 Tue 21-Oct-08 11:00:53

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now