Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

question for einsvold

(3 Posts)
alux Sun 06-Mar-05 23:22:28

I have read before that you use flat nappies. I am also interested in giving them a go. Do you have any advice regarding muslins over terries? I am familiar with muslins as that is what my mum used. I'm wondering if terries are better. Should I get a mix? If so (or not so), how many would you start out with? Is is a good idea to go straight to 60 cm squares right from the start? I could ask the Nappy Lady these questions but since you seem so no nonsense and up with it in this area, I would like your feedback too, please, please.

eidsvold Mon 07-Mar-05 02:13:33

I used muslins for dd2 when she was first born simply because I had made them myself out of lengths of muslin and they were smaller than the terries - so less bulky.

Now that she is 16 weeks - I use a mixture of the terries and flannelette nappies - prefer the terries - simply because they hold more fluid iykwim. Once folded I simply use a fleece liner.I then simply use plastic pants over the top - hard to get good wraps for little ones - here in Australia - probably could get them on line but just don't have the time to worry. I guess too there are so many uses for the terries - burp clothes, towels for wet hair and so on so they are multi functional for me.

I do the origami fold I think it is called and use the few muslin squares that I had as burp and wipe clothes.

I do have prefolds but use them for dd1 and did not use them with her until she was about 1 or so and have now returned to them. She is 2 1/2.

I simply use the terries cause shaped nappies are sooo expensive here and whilst you get your money back eventually I could not justify the expense for one baby.

hope that helps - if you want to know anymore - you can contact me via contact a talker - more than happy to help.

alux Mon 07-Mar-05 06:19:42

Thanks for the quick response. Will try to contact you later. I haven't used it yet. Now off to get ready for work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now