Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

HElp - do I or Don't I

(5 Posts)
oopsacoconut Fri 17-Oct-08 09:47:51

I have just been offered a whole heap of brand new bamboozles for our baby and am wondering whether I should take them or not. I was a nanny and used washables with both kids in my last job - no problem BUT they had a tumble dryer which we don't. I guess I am concerned about the drying during winter but also rather embarrasingly about how her clothes will fit. She is a skinny little thing, just 9lbs at 6 weeks and we tried one on today and her clothes (she is still in newborn) do fit but there is still huge gap in the nappy around her legs.

Any words of wisdom greatly appreciated.

rusmum Fri 17-Oct-08 12:22:08

Go for it you lucky thing!!!!

I would definately and if bamboozles not the ones for you. you can sell them on and find a reusable that is. I am in this process at the moment. LOL However they will take AGES to dry without a dryer, especially bamboo nappies. Cotton nappies or flat nappies are quicker drying. I have lots of cotton pre folds and they dry really quickly on airer or radiator in house.

BigBadMouseInHauntedHouse Fri 17-Oct-08 13:47:09

Go for it. It will seem like they take a while to dry but they are one of the quicker drying bamboo nappies. What's more, bamboo stays soft despite being line dried or washed in hard water and you'll save loads of £s by using them - esp if you have reusable wipes too (easy to do if you use cloth nappies anyway).

DS was a very heavy wetter and wet through his bamboozles in an hour at 2 days old so I just sold them and bought something else (Sandy's).

Tip: The wraps make or break the deal - Motherease Wraps don't leak, totsbots are more prone to leaks - the very recently revised TB ones are much better. Don't give in if yours leak - just change wraps - TB ones have a resale value. You'l get far more leaks with disposables IME

needaholiday Fri 17-Oct-08 14:41:23

If you don't get on with them you can always sell them to fund new nappies! As BBM said, the wraps make or break the nappy and you can't go wrong with one from here

oopsacoconut Fri 17-Oct-08 14:49:24

Thanks - we have decided to go with them. I knew that TB wraps were not very good so will source out some different ones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now