Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

How on earth do we deal with this?!

(7 Posts)
PrettyCandles Thu 16-Oct-08 22:23:30

After nearly a year of being lifted, 8yo ds1 has just started taking himself to the toilet at night.

Two nights ago he peed against the bathroom door.
Last night he peed in the laundry basket.
Just now he peed in the bookcase.

Help!

Anifrangapani Thu 16-Oct-08 22:25:30

It is a male ritual... just practicing for those nights when he has too much to drink grin

Tommy Thu 16-Oct-08 22:33:46

I have a rather horrible memory of my flat mate's boyfriend peeing into our armchair - he was about 19 at the time hmm

sorry - no advice but your post made me laugh grin

pooka Thu 16-Oct-08 22:37:08

Is he sleepwalking/sleeppeeing?

Only my brother used to do this when he was young. Mum found him peeing on a bedside lamp once, completely unaware.

Then when my grandfather died, he was obviously upset and it seemed to effect his sleep and at about 1am he appeared in my bedroom (next door to the bathroom) and proceeded to pee all over my bookcase before trying to get into my bed. He was about 22 at the time.

I was furious and upset, but then realised that he really had been completely unaware of what he was doing.

PrettyCandles Sat 18-Oct-08 22:51:09

What is it about bookcases?

Last night I rushed upstairs as soon as I heard footsteps, and found ds1 opening and shutting the doors to his bookcase. I asked him what he was doing: "I'm looking for the toilet". Thank goodness he hadn't found it! Talking to me brought him to his senses a little, and he went to the actual toilet - and tried to have a wee without lifting the lid. And then 'washed' his hands in mid-air, miming turning the taps. Used the towel properly, though.

Didn't remember a thing this morning.

Do girls ever get confused this way?

pinkandbluespottywellies Sat 18-Oct-08 22:53:55

Our walk in wardrobe door (not as grand as it sounds!) used to be next to the bedroom door and when dh was very drunk a couple times he would wake in the night and go into the wardrobe. Luckily I always woke up and shouted for him to go in the bathroom!

returnofrusmummy Sun 19-Oct-08 00:02:49

Put a ping pong ball inthe loo (flourescent preferably) and give points/sticker for when hit in night!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now