Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Did you find some of your nappies became threadbare when used for the next child?

(5 Posts)
geraldinetheluckygoat Thu 16-Oct-08 21:39:42

I have totsbots both originals and bamboozles which have become pretty threadbare, they have been quite well used and the original ones are on the second child. Im finding they just aren't working as well, but can't work out wether its just that I have a champion wee-er or that the nappies are just past their best? I always thought that they were supposed to get more absobent with more use?

BigBadMouseInHauntedHouse Fri 17-Oct-08 13:56:25

They do to a point but if they start shedding their pile then they lose their absorbing ability. Bamboozles do tend to get a bit threadbare over time IME. Your tots originals should be fine though - sometimes if the pile gets very flattened then they aren't so absorbant - you could try fluffing them in a drier and see if it helps (I wouldn't tumble the bamboozles though).

I've know of lots of people who have used totsbot originals for 2 or 3DCs, MEOS are very hard wearing too (I have a friend who has used them on 5DCs shock)

curlywurlycremeegg Fri 17-Oct-08 13:58:48

I found my Cotton Tots did not stand uo to 2DC, they just weren't absorbent enough after having gone through one child they were getting very thin! I think it depends on how many nappies you have in rotation, TB were always the good all round nappy so used and washed much more frequently than any others I had.

geraldinetheluckygoat Fri 17-Oct-08 19:42:18

yes, I agree that my tots, in the early days were used alot as i had them and some prefolds and terries, so they were my favorites. Oh well, looks like I might have to get some new nappies...grin

redclover79 Fri 17-Oct-08 20:54:24

I've found this with my totsbots and with a couple of bamboo terry nappies too. I've found little lambs were the worst and literally fell to bits overnight (although they were favourites with my first cloth baby)! I've kept using the baldy ones though as the bald bits seem to get bigger quite slowly so it hasn't affected absorbancy. Can't sell tehm on though (although I was once sold a couple of clwt twt's with huge great holes (not through MN!) that went straight in the bin!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now