Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Wraps with cute patterns

(9 Posts)
Lovage Thu 16-Oct-08 20:35:04

I'm doing a christmas present suggestions list for as yet unborn baby (due last week). I thought some cute patterned wraps would be nice (have perfectly adequate supply of plain ones from DS, but this is for fun).

I want Applix fastening. Think I want breathable PUL type, but could try fleece I guess if anyone can convince me they won't leak. I think I want gusseted - DS has slim thighs and ones without gussets leak. Of course new baby may be chubby (although we are both tall and slim), in which case do gusseted ones dig in? Maybe I should get non-gusseted ones since the ones I've got are all gusseted?

Motherease Riki look good (love Wetlands and Rainforest designs).
Nature Baby I'm suspicious of because I bought one of their pocket nappies, which is basically a stuffable wrap, and it was completely rubbish - velcro came undone and it fell off the whole time.
Popolini I already have the one pattern I like (the gardening caterpillars one)

What else?

Lovage Thu 16-Oct-08 20:43:47

Should have said they're to use mainly over size 1 Fluffles, so quite a bulky nappy.

nappyzonehasastroppytoddler Thu 16-Oct-08 20:48:09

Weenotions wraps are really nice and good too. Stacinatyor do some lovely thick fleece wraps.

BigBadMouseInHauntedHouse Thu 16-Oct-08 20:56:11

Do you want it to work? If so go for Motherease grin. Downside is the patterns do get a little boring by the time you get to needing the L size (esp the second time round). Popolini / Motherease = same cut btw

NB stuffables were crappy for us too. One of their wraps isn't too bad - the one with popper fit and leg gussets, can't remember what they call it atm

The new totsbots rainbow wraps are funky and far more reliable than previous offerings so if you like the look of one of those add it to the list!

Pocket Bots are now doing wraps and pocket wraps - the latter is deigned to be either a pocket nappy or a wrap. She has tons of fantastic patterns and colours to choose from. I haven't tried these (yet blush but the normal pockets are good and very well made.

PUL isn't breathable unless you get the airflow one (which is fab).

Of course there is also a fantastic variety of wool longies and shorties - some are incredibly cute - and they work far better than fleece. I'll try and find you some links if you like.....

Good luck with the new baby smile

Pixiefish Thu 16-Oct-08 20:59:33

what about a minki nappy with a reindeer motif. not a wrap i know but cute all the same

Flamesparrow Thu 16-Oct-08 21:02:38

wee notions are goooooooooooooooooorgeous but they are popper.

The new tots ones are meant to be good.

Lovage Thu 16-Oct-08 21:24:40

Thanks, those are really useful suggestions everyone.

What's the deal with wool longies and shorties, BigBadMouse? Can you use them in the daytime? And on pre-mobile babies?

BigBadMouseInHauntedHouse Thu 16-Oct-08 21:31:58

Ask Flame grin - she knows more about wool than me but yes, you can use them day or night and even on pre-mobile babies.

I'm not speaking from personal experience though but I'm sure flame would be......

needaholiday Fri 17-Oct-08 14:39:50

PUL is breathable. The stuff used here is breathable and waterproof and soft too. The wraps are brilliant, in colours and patterns and they fit well too. No gussets but close sealing around the leg and (if it's still on) free postage too. I didn't get on with motherease because of the bindingg and wicking through the leg gussets.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now