Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Help just started potty training

(5 Posts)
Thepuddingchef Thu 16-Oct-08 12:16:28

I was going to start with ds on Sat, but I was following G-F and she suggested just getting them used to potty, which I thought I could do for couple of days then go into big boy pants sat. Problem is he's doing to well, so far every wee in potty, and he goes to it of his own accord.....which I know is great but he has pre school tomorrow morning, do I put him in Pull ups for that one morning or am I making a huge mistake? it's half term next week so I thought it would be the perfect time to have a go as he won't be at pre school all week.
I could keep him back just for tomorrow I suppose. Not sure what to do for the best any advice??

MoHayder Thu 16-Oct-08 12:37:37

send him in pants and a bag with some spare changes of clothing. oh and you may want to send his potty too, if he's not using the toilet. if they moan, well its only one day. you may find, if he goes before preschool that he'll hold on all morning annyway.

ches Thu 16-Oct-08 17:26:21

Good for him! :D I'd send him with pants and re: potty, they may not use it. Around here they're not allowed to for hygiene reasons.

willthisdo Thu 16-Oct-08 17:34:48

we just did this with DD. She's at nursery Mon/Wed/Fri. Followed GF too. Started on the Tuesday and only had two accidents, kept her off nursery on the wed and 1 accident. She's had no accidents since then, even whilst at nursery. I just figure she was really ready (she's 2.6)

You could miss tomorrow just to consolidate his learning and he might just surprise you.

Potty training for us has been a big anti climax!

Thepuddingchef Thu 16-Oct-08 20:03:22

I didn't expect him to even sit on the potty let alone use it! We've had 2 accidents today. both while wearing pants. I spoke to the lady that runs pre school and she said send him in pull ups and they'll ask him if he needs to go regularly. It's only for 2 1/2 hours so should be ok I hope.
ds is 2.6 too.....fingers crossed i have it as easy as you willthisdo!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now