Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

has anyone used cheeky wipes before?

(24 Posts)
mum2GKH Tue 14-Oct-08 20:25:50

Just wondered if anyone has used cheeky wipes and if they can recommend them?

They are re-usuable baby wipes

http://www.cheekywipes.com/

BigBadMouseInHauntedHouse Tue 14-Oct-08 22:08:01

have a look at this thread - was funny grin

NicOs Sat 25-Oct-08 11:57:49

I just read the other thread and think people are being a bit unfair. I've just started using Cheeky Wipes a couple of weeks ago and think they are brilliant. I'm a marketing manager so I'm wise to marketing tactics and am not just a new Mum that can be sold anything as one comment in the thread implies. Yes you can DIY but I disagree that it is ever going to be as convenient and practical as this kit. I think it's really well thought through, a good price and we've been getting on great with them. Yes, you can just use water but the oils are not the focal point of this product. The boxes and the out and about bags are really practical and the wipes are a perfect size and thickness for my little one's bottom, unlike many other washable wipes I've come across. They come out perfectly moist (not too wet, not too dry) and as for keeping the dirty wipes in the dirty wipes container it's no different to keeping your dirty nappies until they need washing, plus they're in tea tree so that's anti-bac anyway. Although, if you use washable nappies you can just chuck them in with your dirty nappies.

Yes, you can go mad buying all sorts for your baby and I'm being very frugal whilst on mat leave to stay off with my baby as long as possible, but £29.95 is hardly a con or expensive for what you get. Fair play to them for packaging it up at long last rather than making a half hearted effort with a product I say.

Anglepoise Sat 25-Oct-08 13:33:36

I have them and like them - agree we could DIY* but it's handy having it all done for you and I like the bags for out and about.

*Actually, it's inspired me to replicate a set for downstairs (since I tend to change DD upstairs and DH downstairs) using some fleece wipes and a plastic tub. I also made myself some nice soothing tea-tree wipes on the same principle for the week or so following DD's birth!

kazbeth Sat 25-Oct-08 14:17:56

I'm not quite sure why people think DIY wipes are more difficult than this type of thing. I just bought some cheap 25p flannels from the supermarket. When I need one I wash it under the tap and wipe away then put it in the nappy bucket aferwards. You don't need any oils or extra stuff with them.

If you wanted to take them out with you just use a couple of zip lock food bags which are airtight and that should keep them moist and not leak.

bitofadramaqueen Sat 25-Oct-08 18:09:32

I have to say I think this is very expensive for what you get. I got 36 washable wipes from the nappy lady (£7.50) and use a plastic tub from my kitchen drawer to keep the wipes in (often an old icecream tub!). I use lavender oils (about £6 from boots). I dont need a tub for dirty wipes because they go straight in the nappy pail at home and when I'm out dirty wipes go in the same bag as the dirty nappies. You can buy thin plastic containers for your changing bag fairly cheaply.

Also, I am normally a marketing man's dream and can be suckered into buying most things grin

JCarrolll Wed 14-Oct-09 22:39:44

I have just discovered Cheeky Wipes and am absolutely over the moon with them. I wish I knew of them before I had my first child!!!

When DD1 had a sore bottom I often splashed out on the Clearly Herbal wipes and they were brilliant. But to think I never need to buy another pack of wipes again fills me with such joy after 3 years and 2 children!!

JennyPennyNAPPYWEB Thu 15-Oct-09 15:37:48

I bought cheeky wipes and although I did like them, we now use Weenotions wipes which are soooo much softer and nicer, and use a pampers plastic tub as it is a lot easier to open with one hand than the cheecky wipes ones that you have to open all 4 sides.

Octothechildherder Mon 19-Oct-09 13:11:39

I saw the new cheeky wipes at the show (without the orange stitching) and they seem much nicer. I think the concept is great - and have used washable wipes myself for years - not sure abotu tubs but if people like them thats fine - you can buy the accessories individually so if you wanted to top up or mix and match with other brands you can.

JennyPennyNAPPYWEB Mon 19-Oct-09 21:08:54

Octo - whats new? Have they changed something? They always sold some with orange stitching and some without (so you could have a set for bums and a set for faces if you wish).

The problem I have is that I have hard water so they have all gone a bit crunchy.

They do dye well though!

Octothechildherder Mon 19-Oct-09 22:07:30

They looked different to me and they were selling off the orange ones. Maybe slightly bigger? Looked nicer than I remember from last year.

mumface Mon 19-Oct-09 22:12:15

Maybe they were the new bamboo version

JennyPennyNAPPYWEB Tue 20-Oct-09 08:18:36

ohhh bamboo sounds good. I guess I should of had a look, just assumed they were the same so didn't bother.

JennyPennyNAPPYWEB Tue 20-Oct-09 12:51:51

Can't see anything bamboo on the website? Would be interested in trying the bamboo ones! Lol

JennyPennyNAPPYWEB Tue 20-Oct-09 13:06:41

Oh and the oils they use are lovely. I put the tea tree and lemon one in the softener draw of the washing machine and it makes the kitchen and washing smell so fresh! I even put it in the playdough the other day too to make it smell nice blush and obviously anti bac too.

MrsJamin Fri 23-Oct-09 14:03:10

weenotions have been selling bamboo wipes v cheaply for ages - they last and last and are still really soft - get two packs in different colours so you know which ones are for bums and faces.

mumskullface Fri 23-Oct-09 14:23:17

The cheeky wipes bamboo ones are not out yet,said they just had a few to show people.

JennyPennyNAPPYWEB Fri 23-Oct-09 22:30:33

Oh right, that explains it mumface!

MrsJamin, yes the WN ones are fab! Have double sided ones which are great.

luckysprog Sat 24-Oct-09 21:11:32

If you want value for money make your own! you can get a really good tupperware for a few quid, get some face flannels at wilkos 4/£1. cut the flannels in half and zigzag over the rough edge... squirt about a tbsp each of baby oil, baby lotion, and baby wash into your tupperware and then chuck in a cup ish of boiling water - throw in your wipes and shake it up! basically the same product for a few pounds...

luckysprog Sat 24-Oct-09 21:12:19

and I'm sorry but £29.95 is outrageous.

luckysprog Sat 24-Oct-09 21:14:10

sorry to go on, but if you like disposable wipes and want to do your own you can do that too. same thing with the oil, water, etc, but then you stick in half a roll of kitchen roll with the cardboard centre taken out. Then you dispense wipes from the middle. I havent bought baby wipes since I started doing it and it's saving us a fortune!

JennyPennyNAPPYWEB Sat 24-Oct-09 21:28:22

I agree cheecky wipes are expensive BUT I still understand somebody wanting to buy it all. Some people just wouldn't get round to doing it otherwise but might still want to use them. Yes its obviously a lot cheaper to make your own, but just like most things that you COULD make yourself but you just buy them ready made for ease.

luckysprog Sun 25-Oct-09 13:47:54

I can definitely understand why people would want to buy them ready made, and not having tried cheeky wipes i cant say anything about the fragrances / oils etc. But, for that sort of price it is worth shopping around! You can get the same product much cheaper, or if you really want to spend 30 quid, why not get a wipes warmer so that your baby actually likes being changed?

JennyPennyNAPPYWEB Wed 28-Oct-09 08:12:38

TBH I use cloth for environmental reasons, amonst others so if I were to spend £30 it would be a lot more environmentally friendly to buy that set than a wipes warmer.

I do agree thought that there are better options around if you want to buy everything indervidually, although TBH I am sure that would add up anyway by the time you have that many wipes, plus the wetbags, pots and essential oils etc.

I sell wipes on my site for £3 a set but that doesn't come with anything else. Am looking into doing sets though so will bear this all in mind.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now