Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Which flat nappies? All opinions please!

(10 Posts)
wastingmyeducation Tue 14-Oct-08 12:59:44

Don't like the Little Ewes I have, but don't mind using them at night.
Have some Babeco bamboo squares, which I like, but I only have ten, and they are expensive for what they are, as the shape has distorted a little, so don't want to get more really.
I also have six Terry squares from Boots which are ok.
I need more for daytime use, and would like to know what people have tried.

xx

WhereWolfTheWildThingsWere Tue 14-Oct-08 13:04:11

I love Bright Bots, love the colours, they keep their shape really well, I think they are a little on the thin side, so are a bit less absorbant, but this makes them trimmer for day.

I am quite pissed off by the distortion on my babeco bamboo squares, as yes they are expensive. I love my Little Ewes but I think they are bulky.

wastingmyeducation Tue 14-Oct-08 13:24:15

Apart from the shape, the Babeco's are really nice.

xx

thehairybabysmum Tue 14-Oct-08 13:27:24

I love the onelife and motherease ones (they are the same as far as i can tell).

BigBadMouseInHauntedHouse Tue 14-Oct-08 14:30:25

I'm guessing you don't like your Little Ewes because of the bulk? If so avoid Harringtons too - they are excellent but have the same thickness as LEs - and definitely avoid the Ellie squares!

Boots, Mothercare, Lollipop, Junior Joy all much the same - thinner, more prone to lose their shape over time - although out of the all the Lollipop seems to have fared better...

Babeco are slightly thinner than LEs but nice.

I use all the above and tbh they all have their pros and cons. In the end I tend to go for my distorted and frayed Peachy Cheeks bamboo offering which is what DS has on right now smile

wastingmyeducation Tue 14-Oct-08 18:42:38

Oh, I was thinking of getting a dozen of the Lollipop, thank you BBM(IHH)!

xx

wastingmyeducation Wed 15-Oct-08 12:16:05

Not many nappy-folders out there? sad

xx

BlueChampagne Wed 15-Oct-08 13:01:00

We mostly use Junior Joy prefolds, with a nippa. Also inherited some Mothercare terry nappies, but irritatingly, they aren't square, which makes kite folding them a bit awkward.

Chellsmum Wed 15-Oct-08 13:46:05

Hi wastingmyeducation sorry for coming in on your thread but I was wondering as anyone used the Zorbit terry squares? these are the only ones that the shop near me stocks or would it be better to get the bamboo squares somewhere online?

mybabywakesupsinging Fri 17-Oct-08 01:27:39

I use mothercare ones when I know ds won't be in them for too long as they are thin - boost them if for longer. Babeco bamboo agree go out of shape but I don't find this a problem and they absorb more. If I was buying again might get more of these.
We have one enormous twinkle terry (which I use as part of ds's enormous night nappy) - it is much thicker and more absorbent than Mothercare squares but not as bulky as Little Ewe - might be worth a look? they come in the usual size too...
I also use prefolds + nappy nippa which works well for us...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now