Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Wrap sizes. Please help a cloth bum novice.

(7 Posts)
BroccoliSpearedThroughTheHead Sun 12-Oct-08 20:12:06

A friend has kindly lent me their reusables so we can have a go before deciding whether to go ahead.

Am having problems with the wraps in that they are too tight for ds's thighs. He is such a chunky little monkey, and they are leaving red weals, even on the biggest adjustment.

I think they are Motherease wraps. I can't see a size on them. I think they're sort of one-size-fits-all anyway because they are pretty adjustable.

The nappies are fine.

Any advice?

BigBadMouseInHauntedHouse Sun 12-Oct-08 21:36:19

like your halloween name grin

Are they velcro or popper fit?

Motherease wraps have the motherease label on them on the front of the nappy. The size is on the label at the back on the inside SM M L or XL (people often miss it)

these are the wraps I think you might have. Am I right?

You can't get a one size fits all wrap....

BroccoliSpearedThroughTheHead Sun 12-Oct-08 21:54:29

Well I feel a bit of a wally for not noticing the sizes on the label now. I scrutinised them at length...

Those that you linked to are indeed what we have. We've had him in a M so far (too tight), and most in the bag are SM, but three are M/L so will try those tomorrow. Good to know that even bigger sizes are available. I think I was thrown by the nappies being one-size and fitting him fine.

Thank you! Will have another go tomorrow.

BigBadMouseInHauntedHouse Sun 12-Oct-08 22:04:18

Don't feel like a wally - loads of people miss it!

Good news is they are fantastic wraps, very reliable.

It is also quite common for people to do them up too tightly around the legs - they don't need to be very tight, maybe try them on a looser setting and see if you have any leaks.

Let us know how you get on smile

BroccoliSpearedThroughTheHead Sun 12-Oct-08 22:11:29

Will do.

I like your spooky name too

BroccoliSpearedThroughTheHead Mon 13-Oct-08 20:22:23

Hooray! M/L on the loosest setting worked fine and no digging in to his pludgy thighs.

I think I'll buy a bigger size than that even.

Did I dream it or are some reusable nappies only meant to be tumble dried? We won't have a tumble dryer in our new house.

BigBadMouseInHauntedHouse Mon 13-Oct-08 20:29:25

Oh thats good news smile

I think you dreamt it grin - there are some that shouldn't really be tumble dried but can't think of any that should never be line dried....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now