Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

i ruined my wraps

(14 Posts)
misdee Fri 04-Mar-05 12:30:47

after over 15months of me not washing/drying my ME wraps correctly they have given up and are leaking. so have ordered new ones for dd3, in the new prints, and have some old ones ready for the bin.

so make sure you follow the washing instructions on them lol.

hana Fri 04-Mar-05 12:33:20

misdee, how many wraps do I need if I'm only buying about 12 nappies? can't get them all at once.

misdee Fri 04-Mar-05 12:34:55

i have 12 nappies and have ordered 4 new wraps. i do have 2 spare wraps which are fleece but i dont like them, and only use them in emergencies.

nab Fri 04-Mar-05 12:51:10

The nappy lady told me if one washes the wraps too much they will lose their waterproofness.
Anyone interested in Cotton Bottoms wraps? Washed but not used.

Waswondering Fri 04-Mar-05 12:55:28

Misdee - I think the wraps only have a finite life. I have one or two ME wraps that have been in use for 18 months that are starting to "go". It's a great excuse to buy the new prints!

throckenholt Fri 04-Mar-05 13:14:15

hana - depends on how often they get poo on them. I always needed more wraps than they recommend because my lots seem to have very leaky poo ! You can handwash them if you need them before the next wash.

I have always washed my ME wraps at 60*C - they are still going strong after 3 years. Don't use conditioner.

misdee Fri 04-Mar-05 13:39:11

but i tumble dried mine. this time with 2 in nappies, wraps will be wash seperatly and sried on a rack only.

hana Fri 04-Mar-05 15:13:40

thanks - i hve been tlking about getting them for ages now....so must finally place my order!!

throckenholt Fri 04-Mar-05 18:57:22

ah yes - tumble drying probably won't do them any favours (don't know haven't got one ).

misdee Fri 04-Mar-05 18:58:39

was a good excuse to order more wraps btw. dh couldnt argue when i pointed out that atm due to wrpas being leaky dd2 was costing a fortune in disposables, and for the price of 4 weeks nappies we could buy new wraps.

geogteach Sat 05-Mar-05 19:39:39

Nab I may be interested in the wraps, what size and how much?

nab Mon 07-Mar-05 10:11:27

Geogteach: The wraps are large size (have 2) and toddler size (have 2). The large were used a few times. I used one of the toddler size, all washed. I sold 2 other toddler size so these 2 left could be the not used one. If you get me! Were all £8 each. Sell for £6 each, ono. nabth@fsmail.net

geogteach Mon 07-Mar-05 19:42:19

Sorry nab rooted around last night and found some large in my collection so i'll see how I get on with these!

flamesparrow Mon 07-Mar-05 19:49:10

I managed to spend 3 months washing mine at 90 by mistake... when I realised that I'd got my settings confused on my washing machine, it explained why they seemed to be lasting so poorly!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now