Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Bumgenius - will they last til potty training?

(16 Posts)
TarkaLiotta Sat 11-Oct-08 12:21:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

jimjamshaslefttheyurt Sat 11-Oct-08 12:26:55

I don't know that nappy, but they'll probably be fine. Children change shape as they get older and start walking.

Chellsmum Sat 11-Oct-08 13:56:41

My dd is 16 months and the BG just about fit her, she is quite skinny but has very chubby legs. I also have wonderoos which are a bit more generous and hopefully will last her a while longer yet.
Have you tried any other type of nappy?

BigBadMousey Sat 11-Oct-08 19:25:13

I doubt she would outgrow them in the next few months. Don't be alarmed that she is on the highest rise setting already - that is quite common and what I would expect at 8mo anyway.

IME some people find they don't last until potty training (and the rise is usually the issue) many find they fit way beyond potty training. It does depend on if your DD is going to need a high rise nappy - my DD2 is very long in the body and does (BG are no good for her now - but she is 2.5)

The wonderoos are a good recomendation - higher rise and a more generous fit. Well worth trying one out if you can get one cheaply enough. They are BTP but, unlike BG which are better on younger children, wonderoos are a far better fit on older babies. They are popper fit but you'll get used to that very quickly I should think.

BG usually have a very good resale value so bear that in mind. The V2 was a bit of a problem due to quality of the aplix fastenings - the V3 has apparently overcome this. As a result the resale value of the V2 has gone down a bit - there are plenty of relatively cheap brand new V2s on eBay. Make sure you find out which version you are buying.

hotbot Sat 11-Oct-08 19:57:07

dd is 2yrs and her bg still fit her fine she is tall and slim fro her age unlike moi... will be starting to pt her in the next coupla weeks.

ches Sat 11-Oct-08 19:57:45

DS outgrew BumGenius around 10 mth/25 lb. He was 95th percentile for height.

Nappyzoneneedssleep Sun 12-Oct-08 09:57:48

My ds is nearly 2 and they fit perfectly - rise not an issue - expect to pt in next 6 months and cant see him outgrowing them but then who knows?

Nappyzoneneedssleep Sun 12-Oct-08 09:59:08

Ches i am shock your ds outgrew at 10months - how did they not fit - do you breed giants?

TarkaLiotta Sun 12-Oct-08 14:02:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BigBadMousey Sun 12-Oct-08 17:52:16

The sized BG are getting very popular and many people prefer them to the btp. Another bonus of them is that they would be more likely to work for subsequent babies as they will have seen less use and the elastic won't be so stretched (important in a pocket nappy).

Nappyzoneneedssleep Sun 12-Oct-08 18:48:43

the all in one ones bbm or the fitted requiring wrap types? (off which i have tried only the aio) so am interested to hear about others.

ches Sun 12-Oct-08 19:16:38

Yip, bred a giant. DH is 6'6" and DS was >97 percentile weight, >90th percentile height. He was 21 lb 6 oz at 6 mth, 27 lb at 12 mth and thank God took very well to early PT starting 14 mth very few accidents by 18 mth!

BigBadMouseInHauntedHouse Sun 12-Oct-08 19:31:20

The AIO Nappyzone.

Might be worth asking Ilovemydog as I know she has tried the sized BG - not sure which type.

What did you think of the sized AIO? I know someone who bought a load of the bamboo ones by mistake but they returned them before I could have a look sad. It all seems to be a bit 'flexitot' to me - would you agree? Obviously without the 'technical layer' hmm grin

Nappyzoneneedssleep Sun 12-Oct-08 19:33:08

I think they are ok for newborns being little but i just dont like aio in general - mine alwasy smell like a hamsters gage in no time! I still love my bg onesize and my flexitot my only one is my fave nightnappy atm.

BigBadMouseInHauntedHouse Sun 12-Oct-08 19:48:17

grin at 'hamsters cage'.

ches Tue 14-Oct-08 03:43:24

Bought the medium AIOs when DS weighed 20 lb. I think they go up to 22 lb. They never really fit and leaked within a couple of weeks. Sold them and bought a gDiapers trial kit but those didn't fit for long either (bought the large). Thank God for early potty training!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now