Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Where can I sell my used re-usable nappies?

(9 Posts)
Havana Wed 08-Oct-08 19:06:21

I just tried to sell my motherease nappies and wraps on ebay but they were removed - apparently you can't sell anything that's been in contact with human waste (which sounds perfectly reasonable, put like that). However they're perfectly sterile, in good condition, and some of the wraps have hardly been used. Is it wrong of me to try to sell them? Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

BigBadMousey Wed 08-Oct-08 19:43:59

Links on this thread

You can also list them in the MN classifieds of course.

Certainly not wrong to sell them IMO - many people cannot afford new cloth nappies so second hand is their only option.

Are they MEOS or Sandy's?

There are loads of used nappies on ebay atm usually ebay remove them 24hrs before the listing is due to end but I have seen a fair few slip through the net lately.

lollipopmother Thu 09-Oct-08 15:12:12

Havana - If you're trying to sell XS Sandy's or XS airflow wraps then I'll take them off your hands!

Havana Thu 09-Oct-08 19:57:40

Thanks both... I've got about 16 motherease nappies and various motherease/rikki wraps - nothing xs though, sorry. ebay was very quick off the mark unfortunately - they got them off within 24 hours (twice - i tried to relist them). which was a pain as even within that time i had loads of people watching them. i might try mn classified - thanks, ages since i've been on mumsnet (through a fairly short but intense breastfeeding nightmare!) so i don't know too much about it.
also have remembered a very green, pregnant friend, who might be interested...
thanks again!
havana.

SparklyGothKat Thu 09-Oct-08 20:00:34

what sizes are the wraps? I am interested,,

Essie3 Thu 09-Oct-08 20:14:14

Same thing happened to me, Havana, and I was quite annoyed. We've been charged for listing too, y'know.
Sorry, doom filled message! grin

glitterbugnappy Thu 09-Oct-08 23:27:52

Message withdrawn

kazbeth Fri 10-Oct-08 20:19:49

One site I've found good for selling and buying is www.thenappysite.co.uk which is free to list. You could also try www.usednappies.co.uk which is an auction site like ebay but specifically for nappies. I think you have to pay a percentage for this one though although I'd guess it's not much.

Havana Sun 12-Oct-08 19:25:38

SparklyGothKat - sorry, have just sold my wraps on mumsnet classified (apart from some small ones which I'd like to sell as a set with the nappies).

Thanks for the tips kazbeth, will try those for the nappies if I have no joy with mumsnet (no interest in nappies so far..)

It's funny you can sell your life on ebay but not your used nappies. Not very green of them is it. Thanks again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now