Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Totsbots flexiwrap vs rainbow wraps?

(15 Posts)
bitofadramaqueen Tue 07-Oct-08 16:22:39

Can someone tell me if there is much difference between the flexi-wrap and the rainbow wraps?

I use motherease wraps at the moment, but plan to try out the flexitots and thought I'd try the flexi-wrap, as I've read on a few threads its much better than the old totsbots wraps. It only seems to come in white though, and I wondered what the difference between that and the rainbow one? Plain white seems a bit dull!

Nappyzone I think you stock them so hoping you (or anyone else in the know!) might be able to enlighten me.

Thanks.

Ceolas Tue 07-Oct-08 16:24:41

I think they've redesigned the rainbow ones too so they're all cut the same.

Not tried them myself but I have heard that the white ones are softer.

bitofadramaqueen Tue 07-Oct-08 16:28:12

Thanks ceolas - I might try one then. Has anyone tried the new rainbow one?

bitofadramaqueen Tue 07-Oct-08 19:29:42

bump for the evening shift!

Nappyzoneneedssleep Tue 07-Oct-08 20:37:33

All the tots wraps pul wraps were redesigned and do come in diiferent colours as per my site - the white ones are softer though and the patterned not a soft. I thought you were refering to rainbow wrap as in the fleece rainbow wrap were you? In which case the rainbow wrap is fleece and the other is a pul waterproof wrap. smile

BigBadMousey Tue 07-Oct-08 20:50:41

I think they have started referring to their coloured and patterned PUL wraps as 'rainbow wraps' just to confuse us all Nappyzone.

I thought the flexi-wrap was a slightly different, more flexible PUL material than the rainbow wrap hmm.

I'm sure Ceolas is right though - they have changed the cut of the rainbow ones and they are now more reliable than previously.

I'd still be none the wiser as to which one to go for though grin (but then I am a sucker for a pretty pattern and would stick with my airflows if the only reliable tots wrap was white).

ilovemydog Tue 07-Oct-08 20:55:19

Here's what I know:

Flexitot is one of the new nappies by Tots Bots. Velour lining and virtually water proof, but does need a wrap.

Tots Bots recently also introduced a new wrap. The gusset isn't quite so elasticated, and more loose, and seems to be lighter...

The new wrap is infinitely better. It tends to breathe better than the old wrap which seemed to keep the wetness in and smelled a bit funky hmm

Nappyzoneneedssleep Tue 07-Oct-08 21:02:39

lol - smelled a bit funky? I have just stretched both - both feel as stretchy but the white one feels more material like the mease airflow i have - see no help at all grin

ilovemydog Tue 07-Oct-08 21:05:16

what I meant was that the old tots bots wrap after being next to a wet nappy tends to sweat more than the new and improved wrap.

Ceolas Tue 07-Oct-08 21:06:12

I think the new wraps are all gusset-less. I spoke to a tots bots lady who was raving about them!

Nappyzoneneedssleep Tue 07-Oct-08 21:07:21

ahhhhhhh i see!

LackaDAISYcal Tue 07-Oct-08 21:09:54

I've got a white one and an orange star one and found them to be equally bombproof, lasting well overnight with a flexitot nappy.

The white one is much softer material, but I thought it was too soft and the tabs move around a bit iykwim. A bit too stretchy if that makes any sense.

I prefer the rainbow ones personally and have bought some teeny ones for my impending DC3 smile

They are both cut the same way.

ilovemydog Tue 07-Oct-08 21:10:05

Not so much gussetless as relaxed smile

bitofadramaqueen Tue 07-Oct-08 22:36:54

Thanks all - nappyzone I did mean the print PUL wraps, I must have seen them referred to as rainbow wraps somewhere or another. Sometimes I think the world of cloth nappies has its own secret language grin

I got a bit confused by the flexitots website, because it seemed to indicate that the wraps for flexitots came in all the spots and stars prints but when you go to the totsbots website the 'flexiwrap' only came in white. If they're cut the same I might give one of the print ones a try. lackaDAISYcal glad to hear that it worked overnight on a flexitots nappy.

Nappyzoneneedssleep Wed 08-Oct-08 19:16:10

They are good overnight without being huge - my boy in his tonight and we just add a slim hemp booster but tbh think we would get away without it but then why risk it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now