Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

<<<<Please Help>>>> Potty training

(9 Posts)
bythepowerofgreyskull Tue 07-Oct-08 11:50:03

DS2 has decided he doesn't want to wear a nappy during the day any more, he keeps taking it off and this morning straight after I put it on he took it off and said he needed a wee (but wont do one on the potty or loo)
The last couple of days he has got really panicy (sp?) about doing a wee in his nappy. (but has done one)

I am not in a great place at the moment emotionally and have lots physically to do this week... Will it be a bad thing for me to insist that we are not potty training until things have calmed down a bit?

I can't cancel the stuff I have booked in and stay close to home.. and I know I am particularly short tempered and tetchy and I really do not want to get cross with him for the odd accident.

Be blunt... what should I do?

bythepowerofgreyskull Tue 07-Oct-08 11:56:24

smile bump

bythepowerofgreyskull Tue 07-Oct-08 12:03:21

anyone?

Jas Tue 07-Oct-08 12:06:43

Sorry, I saw your thread and then got distracted.

If at all possible, I would wait until you are ready as well as ds. Could you try nappy free at home for a few days to get used to the idea and then start in a week or two, maybe.

<Slight hijack.....we miss you on the FLY threads - you don't have to be doing any housework to come and chat you knowsmile>

bythepowerofgreyskull Tue 07-Oct-08 12:10:57

Thanks Jas..

I miss the Fly thread as well, I just find it hard you are all so lovely I end up feeling like I can share the stuff that is going on in my life and then realise that I have done nothing but moan for weeks.. so tend to stick to "light" posting for the time being.. Hope that makes sense..

Thanks for your advice about DS2 - will see if I can wait until half term..

Jas Tue 07-Oct-08 12:13:03

I know what you meansmile but you will always be welcome to pop in.

I'm in a similar position with ds., but he is refusing to wee on the potty ,and standson the toilet seat to wee so until I get that sorted, I'm not going to try. Maybe we should do a 1/2 term potty training support thread?

bythepowerofgreyskull Tue 07-Oct-08 12:14:22

good idea Jas..

Thanks smile

bythepowerofgreyskull Tue 07-Oct-08 15:47:26

bumping for further ideas..perhaps catch the late afternoon crowd

TeamC Mon 13-Oct-08 20:11:52

Sellotape the nappy on

Def wait till you have time to do it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now