Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Fleece wraps. Yay or nay?

(21 Posts)
Ceolas Mon 06-Oct-08 13:46:51

Some people seem to think they are fab, especially for overnight. Others are disappointed by them leaking.

Yay or nay?

And if yay, is there a particular knack to them? Why do you use them over PUL?

BigBadMousey Mon 06-Oct-08 15:13:31

Well you already know what my vote is smile

The reasoning behind them is that they are breatheable (unlike PUL) so they are supposed to keep your DCs bottom cooler and drier than a PUL wrap would hence the suggestion that they are good for overnight. The reality for us was that the nappy underneath was still sodden and my DD had a nice damp sleepsuit and bedsheets as a result - they didn't leak though.

The tots redwrap and the stacinator are the best fleece wraps IMO.

The there is wool of course......

isaidno Mon 06-Oct-08 21:43:12

I've been using a fleece wrap for the past few nights and quite like it. Not had any leaks but dd is only 16 weeks and not massively heavy wetter. I like that it is nice and soft and cosy!

cheesesarnie Mon 06-Oct-08 21:54:28

loved them for night.much comfier and much more reliable imo.

but also preffered wool for night as easier!

Ceolas Mon 06-Oct-08 22:04:18

Why is wool easier?

BBM is there a difference between the Tots Bots red wrap and the rainbow one?

Flamebat Mon 06-Oct-08 22:06:46

Much prefer wool.

the red wrap seems to be a thicker fleece or summat.

Wool has the added advantage that it absorbs and is waterproofish with lanolin so the moisture has time to evaporate slowly, whereas it just sort of shoots straight through fleece, so a heavy wetter will have a damp pair of pjs.

Plus you can get wool longies, cut out the pj bottom middle man and just shove a top on it.

BigBadMousey Mon 06-Oct-08 22:09:06

Yes the redwrap is thicker and more waterproof..... and the rainbow one is cuter (IMO) grin. The polka one is the same thickness as the rainbow btw.

Ceolas Mon 06-Oct-08 22:09:45

I do have a Baby Beehinds wool wrap but it's a little erm, tacky from my lanolising attempt hmm

Can I still use it?

BigBadMousey Mon 06-Oct-08 22:10:38

Hello flame smile - what has happened with your site?

x posts as always btw - sorry blush

Ceolas Mon 06-Oct-08 22:11:17

I feel compelled to try it, but I have a susopicion we're going to end up soaking in the morning. All of us - she's in our bed!

liahgen Mon 06-Oct-08 22:15:26

do the longhies have to be well fitted to work or can they be loose?

cheesesarnie Mon 06-Oct-08 22:15:41

i prefered wool as it needs airing daily but not washing daily(we used 2 so that ds wore one while one aired etc).held more wee,looked adorable-we used disana .

go on be brave!!!

Flamebat Mon 06-Oct-08 22:23:41

Loose is great - most of DS's are loose.

What do you mean what's happened with my site? <looks panicked> Nothing afaik - the ad has run out and due to suppliers messing me about, funds are short to renew it Feeling like the world's worst nappy site owner and that people would be better off buying from other people whilst I fold <wails in self pity>

tacky is good - all the more waterproof! It detackies after a few uses

BigBadMousey Mon 06-Oct-08 22:32:08

Flame - probably a problem at my end then blush. Panic not.

Ceolas Mon 06-Oct-08 22:33:12

Don't worry flame, the site works fine for me

Will use the wool tomorrow then.

BigBadMousey Mon 06-Oct-08 22:35:36

Ceolas can you try linking to it from here for me please. Got a nappy consultation tomorrow and I always like to try and give links to flame and nappyzone's sites.

Ceolas Mon 06-Oct-08 22:40:52

Bumfluff

BigBadMousey Mon 06-Oct-08 22:44:30

Works fine - thanks Ceolas smile. I must have an old link or something.

Flamebat Mon 06-Oct-08 22:59:04

grin

Nappyzoneneedssleep Tue 07-Oct-08 13:08:46

I love wool but afetr i washe em i never get round to re lanolising them and cant remember how too blush<gives flame a stern look>. Its someat to do with dolmio jar??

Anyways yes the thicker the fleece wrap the better and i have just got some lovely thick stacinator ones in wink

Ceolas Tue 07-Oct-08 14:12:52

Well I was going to use the wool today, bit it's too small! Think I'll get another.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now