Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Suggestions please on night nappy for waking DS, 21wks old.

(12 Posts)
wastingmyeducation Sun 05-Oct-08 20:31:05

Have posted in sleep section as well on changing nappy at night, as unsure whether I should try and avoid changing a wet nappy at all cost during the night, as it becomes even harder to settle him afterwards, but he def needs changing by 4 at the latest.
At present, we use terry squares, either Babeco bamboo, or Boots cotton in the day and the bamboo or Little Ewe cotton at night. Would boosting the nappy be enough? I have never used boosters, how do you do it? What do I need?
Would like to try a shaped nappy, as all the chat here has made them sound quite lovely, any suggestions?

xx

Jojay Sun 05-Oct-08 20:35:23

I've used Tots Bots Bamboozle at night with success, and my DS is a VERY heavy wetter!!!

Ceolas Sun 05-Oct-08 20:43:26

Easy Peasy Bimbles would be good if you wanted shaped because you can add boosters and they're pretty quick-drying too.

BigBadMousey Sun 05-Oct-08 20:55:58

Why does he need changing by 4? Is the wetness waking him up? If not leave him. If he is so wet you think you'll get leaks then make sure you have a good wrap onboard like the aiflow or rikki. If wetness is waking him up go for something fully fleece lined like the bimble, bumble, bambeasy, ellas house bumhugger (all of these have a pocket for boosting if you need it)- tbh I prefer fleece lined nappies at night anyway.

We use bumhuggers plus an airflow wrap or a bumble plus airflow. The bumhugger is hemp so beware of hardness and long drying times.

wastingmyeducation Sun 05-Oct-08 21:34:19

Well he woke then and wouldn't settle with feeding, was squirming and the nappy was sopping wet. I have had leaks before when I've left it, like the wetness has literally run off the inside of the wrap, though we don't usually have any wet leaks with the airflow wraps.

Are airflow wraps good with most shaped nappies?

xx

BigBadMousey Sun 05-Oct-08 21:41:55

Yes, airflows go over pretty much any shaped nappy - they give a good covereage, better than the rikki. If they suit your DS' shape then stick with them!

I use airflows over all the nappies I suggested - in fact I use airflows over every shaped nappy I use and I use a lot of different types.

I would recommend you try one of the easy peasy range (bumble, bimble etc) - they are very comfortable at night and should keep him nice and dry with their fleece lining.

How old is your DS? The bumble is a bit bulky on very young babies.

Ceolas Sun 05-Oct-08 21:44:07

21 weeks I think BBM?

BigBadMousey Sun 05-Oct-08 21:48:27

grin Hmmmmmmm....now where does it say that? <dunce emoticon>

Then bumble should be OK - my DS wears one at night. He is 19wo (I think...)

Ceolas Sun 05-Oct-08 21:50:12

No, on another thead! lol!!!

Ceolas Sun 05-Oct-08 21:51:52

Oh yes, and in the title

BigBadMousey Sun 05-Oct-08 21:55:54

grin - lol.....(lots)

wastingmyeducation Mon 06-Oct-08 07:49:50

grin

xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now