Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

DD HAS BEEN HAVING 'ACCIDENTS' FOR THE LAST FEW DAYS...

(8 Posts)
MrsBigD Wed 02-Mar-05 10:53:00

DD is partly potty trained. No 1's generally no problem, no 2's... don't go there...

Anyhow, I know she's 'dry' as if she's asleep during the day she does not wet herself. However, for the last few days (since the weekend) she's started having accidents at least once a day.

A couple of them were definitely 'left it too late' as she left a trail towards the loo (sorry for the graphic image ). However, e.g. yesterday, I was in the bathroom and had taken her with me and asked her whether she needs to go and she said no, only to then wet herself standing next to the bathtub.

I have no idea what brought this on. There have been no major changes in our surroundings since the accidents started happening. I've also asked her whether her 'bits' hurt to see whether she might have a bladder infection or such but she says no.

Am a bit at a loss o what to do. I'm not making a fuss of it, just put her on the loo and take her wet clothes off and she says sorry (without me having gotten cross) so she 'knows' she's supposed to go on the potty/loo...

Any suggestions?

LGJ Wed 02-Mar-05 11:06:30

Sounds like a infection of some sort.

Ds did this last year, and it was partly infection and part laziness in the end, it became a a habit IYKWIM

So every morning for about 3 mornings when I was dressing him, I would produce a nappy to be met with NNNOOOOOOOoooooo me big boy. To which I replied, wellllll that is what I thought, but you have had so many wet pants lately, maybe you need one.

All said very nicely in a quizzical confused voice, after day 3 he stopped and we have never looked back.

MrsBigD Wed 02-Mar-05 11:09:54

Thanks LGJ - I'll keep an eye on it and if she keeps doing it take her to the GP on Friday just in case.

MrsBigD Wed 02-Mar-05 18:17:16

Well 2 accidents today

guessing the first one was just leaving it too late as she came towards me telling me she needs to go wee. Second one however was when sitting down eating dinner and that was after I asked her every 5 mins or so whether she needs to go The silly thing is that she gets terribly upset when she wets herself as she's a clean toddler and can't stand being dirty.

Ah well, off to do some more washing...

purpleturtle Fri 04-Mar-05 18:18:39

Dd is nearly 4 and has been dry in the day for ages and ages. Still wears a pull-up at night. This week she has wet herself every day. Twice this afternoon. Yesterday she came home with her pants in a nappy sack because she'd pooed in them at nursery.

help! What can we do?

MrsBigD Sat 05-Mar-05 11:31:19

If you find out please let me know!

Has anything changed in your dd's environment? or is there stress at home/nursery/school?

My friend tells me it's just another phase ... oh how I have come to loath that phrase

purpleturtle Sun 06-Mar-05 20:07:35

Update:
Yesterday dd wore a pull-up. As far as I can tell she was fine. Today I took a spare set of clothes out for her, made sure I took her to the loo regularly, and again, we've been okay. I haven't been able to think of anything that might be stressing her out, but I might ask at nursery if they can think of anything.

MrsBigD Mon 07-Mar-05 11:53:27

not much progress this end DD wet herself at nursery Friday and today Since the 'home wetting' started at least she was dry there, but now that's no good either.

I'm not making a fuss so she doesn't think it's a terrible thing but I'm getting fed up with all the washing iykwim

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now